• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling Official Trail List/Registration Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secret Spire

I hope they don't use it as an excuse to "much improve it to the point of being able to drive a Civic over it.

I don't trust the NPS.

It was fairly easy during Safari this year. They kept talking about some section that other than a tight turn was basic. I'm sure a few sections got interesting after the storms which would have been fun but I too have my fears that the NPS will overcompensate. I hate what happened to Gemini Bridges.

3D Trail and the Tusher Tunnel

starting 3D, passing the buttes and slickensides arch

Tusher Tunnel and the gang

groupshot slickrock behind the tunnel = Now closed I believe?

Tunnel & Bartlett overlook, viewing next segment of 3D trail, up Bartlett Wash

Hidden Canyon wash lunch stop

Hidden Canyon Rim arch and overlook

Second Hidden Canyon overlook

3D trail finishes on higher speed dirt

Gold Bar Rim Trail

little zuki hill

more ledges

obligatory rim pics, livin' the jeep lifestyle

Handlebars said:
. It would be nice if someone could add trails that we are missing, like Klondike Bluffs, La Sal Loop & Pritchett Canyon. :)

I think that can be arranged :)

Please everyone check updates on my original post as I will be adding information as we go. Latest updates are that the NPS will allow us 15 vehicles on the Elephant Hill run and we are working to have a dinner/slideshow Friday night.

It was fairly easy during Safari this year. They kept talking about some section that other than a tight turn was basic. I'm sure a few sections got interesting after the storms which would have been fun but I too have my fears that the NPS will overcompensate. I hate what happened to Gemini Bridges.

What happened to Gemini Bridges?!?

What happened to Gemini Bridges?!?

it's closed to vehicles, no more driving on the arches, now you gotta park off the main rd and hike in

Basically that's it. I never drove on the bridges but I liked the little section to get down to them/close. What makes me mad is that they have in effect reduce access for those who can't walk down that distance to see them. I see that as a violation for handicap access. Then to top it off they graded a big parking lot off the road. :mad:

Then to top it off they graded a big parking lot off the road. :mad:

i like how the greenies whine about us ruining the environment, but yet they have no problem with the blm ripping out a dozen or more trees to grade a big parking lot in

just so i have this right the vehicle registraion is a one time deal. then to run any of the trails listed above at those specific times with NAXJA it will cost $5 per trail per day, so if i run a trail every day with NAXJA it will cost me $45 total?

I know Hells Revenge and elephant hill will cost to get into the park but do any of the other trails cost additional?

Will we pay and sign up for all the trails up front or each morning we just show up and everyone who is there that morning for that trail will run it (except elephant hill)?

just so i have this right the vehicle registraion is a one time deal. then to run any of the trails listed above at those specific times with NAXJA it will cost $5 per trail per day, so if i run a trail every day with NAXJA it will cost me $45 total?

I know Hells Revenge and elephant hill will cost to get into the park but do any of the other trails cost additional?

Will we pay and sign up for all the trails up front or each morning we just show up and everyone who is there that morning for that trail will run it (except elephant hill)?

Correct it's $20 registration (this is the fee NAXJA gets) and $5 per trail per day (this is the fee that goes to the Bureau of Land Management). Then there's t-shirts ($17/$18 each) and Friday night dinner ($10 per person) if you want.

Sand Flats Recreation Area for official trail runs is only subject to the BLM fee. Elephant Hill is only subject to the Park Entrance Fee.

Trail signup and fees will be done at Slickrock Campground cabin #7. In the event someone shows up they can pay the leader assuming they have already passed safety.

Correct it's $20 registration (this is the fee NAXJA gets) and $5 per trail per day (this is the fee that goes to the Bureau of Land Management). Then there's t-shirts ($17/$18 each) and Friday night dinner ($10 per person) if you want.

Sand Flats Recreation Area for official trail runs is only subject to the BLM fee. Elephant Hill is only subject to the Park Entrance Fee.

Trail signup and fees will be done at Slickrock Campground cabin #7. In the event someone shows up they can pay the leader assuming they have already passed safety.

No further fees are necessary at Sands Flats. The trail leader should have presented a copy of the BLM permit and told the ranger how many vehicles he was bringing in.

MJR knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back