• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

02 sensor code....Bank 1, Sensor 2

black2door

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I went to O' Reilly today and had my check engine code read it said "Bank 1 Sensor 2 Oxygen Sensor" is that the "before cat" or "after cat" sensor. The guy at O'Reilly said he had no idea call the dealership, but I thought you guys might know.
:spin1: THANKS!!!

black2door said:
Hey, I went to O' Reilly today and had my check engine code read it said "Bank 1 Sensor 2 Oxygen Sensor" is that the "before cat" or "after cat" sensor. The guy at O'Reilly said he had no idea call the dealership, but I thought you guys might know.
:spin1: THANKS!!!

After the cat. Cheers

Ben H said:
check your fuses first.
After 10 years of being a tech....Have I missed the creation of the O2 heater circuit fuse??? :doh: IF there was a fuse problem Im sure would would have been an "Open circuit" or " short to" code. Correct me if Im wrong...Please. (no sarcasm) If theres is a fuse thats related to the O2 Id like to know, and Id like to know where in the preheating (Im assuming thats what it would be) circuit it would be.. Also to double check, you can always monitor the output of both O2s and see what their readings are before you replace.

On my 2000 there are 2 fuses that have given me PO135, PO138, PO141 codes. When I first pulled the codes I replaced the sensors to no avail, then found out about the fuses. (I have an excuse on the 2000 it is nearly impossible to find a fuse diagram without a FSM). I don't know what year you have but....

check your fuses first.

Ben H said:
On my 2000 there are 2 fuses that have given me PO135, PO138, PO141 codes. When I first pulled the codes I replaced the sensors to no avail, then found out about the fuses. (I have an excuse on the 2000 it is nearly impossible to find a fuse diagram without a FSM). I don't know what year you have but....

check your fuses first.

What do the fuses control? I havent run into this before and the more knowledge the better.

Heater circuits. There is a 20 amp and a 15 amp in mine that control the heater circuits.

Back