• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 Cherokee. 4,493 original miles. Really?

urban yan

NAXJA Forum User
REALLY????
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...3-Actual-Original-Miles_W0QQitemZ320397182826
!BWMmSqgBWk~$(KGrHgoOKiwEjlLmVWD3BKWUCHyM7Q~~_12.JPG

WOW!

i still saw rust on the anti-sway bar end links... just cause it was out of the uv elements, doesnt mean it wasnt kept away from moisture, it could still have rusty bolts underneath it lol. it will be a shame to see it sell for a trail vehicle and run to hell and back, but it is a very nice jeep indeed, maybe someone will use it as a parts vehicle =D

i think i would rather buy a jeep with 150k miles for 5 grand, then that.....

I can just imagine the problems that thing will have if you started daily driving it..

If it truely has been maintained in the fashion that the ad says, I dont think it would have many/any problems at all. Those sort of issues come up with vehicles that just plain sit. No starting, no fluid changes, no driving what so ever. The ad claims it was fairly regularily started and maintained...so I dont think it would give you too much trouble mechanically. Ide venture to say there are people on this board that dont regularily lube chassis parts on their dd jeeps. Again, that all depends on the validity of the description.

The one thing I think would go downhill fast is paint. Unless you garage kept it of course. But leaving it out in the sun, after being garage kept all its life, would wreak havoc on the finish.

I recently experienced this with a 86 Trans AM. 30k miles garage kept. Perfect all over...until I had to park it outside every day. Then the paint went bye byes haha. And that was bc/cc paint.

If this was a two door Ide be all over this...

J.

huh. I didn't have door sweeps on my 90 laredo. I don't have them on my 01 classic. My buddy doesn't have them on his 00 limited either. I wonder how common those things were?

Not sure, cause now that you mention it I've seen a lot of rigs without them. My 95 had them, but when I had to get a door from a JY rig I'm pretty sure it didn't. My friends 96 I'm pretty sure does have them.

huh. I didn't have door sweeps on my 90 laredo. I don't have them on my 01 classic. My buddy doesn't have them on his 00 limited either. I wonder how common those things were?

That's strange, because MY '90 Laredo does have them, as well as the the two doors I got off of an '89 Laredo...

Nick

10,250 and still hasn't hit the reserve. Wow. I have never seen a d35 look so pretty, I always thought they must have come factory with a flaky iron oxide coating haha

so you effed up and bought a LP D30 00-01 model xj too huh?

wish i would of gotten a 97-99 xj instead =/

Ehhh, its only got 65K on it so i'm doing ok. I wish they'd just start making them new again with a diesel. I'd buy one in a minute.

Back