• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

My Papa (Grandfather) passed away on Tuesday and the visitation and funeral was on Friday and Saturday. It was a rough weekend for me. He was my last grandparent.

I spent a lot of quality time with family so that is the blessing in it all.

Replaced front brakes and got the last of the parts for my KJ disc swap. Hopefully finish that up and finally get the 8.25 under the Jeep and out of the shop one night this week

Just watched some video from the 2011 Crawl. I realized that lockers may have been my single best investment to capability of my Jeep. Man, I struggled open open!

Got my engine running. Then botched the install for my Ironman steering. Waiting on Andy to make me a part to save the day. lol

This gave me a chuckle..... I so wish that alimony would go away so I could buy jeep parts and pay for my son's college.

I got my banjo bolts in for the Liberty calipers. Now I have everything I need to swap to discs on the 8.25. After brakes, I'll order the lift and start the build.

This gave me a chuckle.....

So, my knuckles were already drilled for heims so I had to drill them out larger and install inserts. I failed to read the instructions that said the passenger side knuckle required a smaller major diameter on the taper than the other 2. So, I ordered the wrong inserts. Now, Andy is going to make me one. Maybe I'll get to drive the Jeep by next week.

So, my knuckles were already drilled for heims so I had to drill them out larger and install inserts. I failed to read the instructions that said the passenger side knuckle required a smaller major diameter on the taper than the other 2. So, I ordered the wrong inserts. Now, Andy is going to make me one. Maybe I'll get to drive the Jeep by next week.

What does that mean? I always thought both were the same size.

Saturday I hauled the jeep up to The SHOP in Marion, NC. Payed my $20 and rode into find a group running "Pebble Playground" with rigs built bigger and better than me. Made it past the point where I got denied, about 3/4 way up, and then something let go i the front. Got it off the obstacle and hung out for a while and watched a MJ break on the same spot I did. It was lunch so I went back to the parking lot and loaded up and went to Mica Brewing in Downtown Marion, NC. Hung out there filled the growler and went home. Got home about 5:30 Saturday. Sunday Deanna and I went down to visit her Mom and Grandma in Summerville. We took Molly with us since it was her 1st birthday. We ate lunch at this place called Dog and Duck. Great little Bar/Restaurant that allows dogs on their patio. We then went to her mom's house where she did some cleaning and I had to look at the riding mower to see what it needed. We got home about 5:30 and I hooked the jeep back to the truck to bring back to Hartsville today to tear into the front and see what is broken.

Went wheeling.

Broke the trackbar in half on Dads XJ.
7ec9b2c230b84c23cad8a7493b352ad4.jpg
d13a8daa7f566570e0a3430f40d5478f.jpg
88eab62d3adea9da4973535d19840a19.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, I just bought my lift. Let the money pit start draining my bank account.

Got my new track bar installed and getting ready to install my disc brakes on the 8.25 this weekend.

I'm doing the disc brake conversion on my 8.25 as well. Are you going with ZJ or Liberty brakes?

I started a new build but of the 1:10 scale variety. A local hobby shop had this 2 door body and I had to have it. I'm currently designing the drivetrain layout for it. So far I've moved the motor and trans forward. I'm working on a transfer case and I converted the rear to leaf springs.

40853658604_6b61c38303_z.jpg

27695367958_1db05a34a3_z.jpg

27695367988_eeb811c080_z.jpg

I finally got started on my build. I decided to pull the axle to make it easier for me to work on. All this was done on Sunday.

-Disconnected remaining parking brake cables and brake lines and removed axle.
-Attempted to remove hard line from wheel cylinder and broke line.
-Removed hard line from other wheel cylinder.
-Removed axle shafts and dropped c-clip behind the pinion. Recovered C-clip
-Removed entire brake assembly and backing plate in one piece.
-Pulled old axle/wheel seals. This was the hardest part of the job so far. I think the seals are from the factory which would make them 22 years old. They did not want to budge. But I got em.

Next on my agenda is to install the new wheel seals, install the Liberty axle tube studs and wheel studs, install the Liberty backing plates, install brand new rotors/calipers/pads/hard lines/soft lines. Then I'll prep and paint and on to the job I am dreading, removing the old leaf springs.

Back