• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-a-Road August 26th!!!!!!!!

Planning on being there. Gotta get my good trail karma in. Anything in particular we need to bring other than what was mentioned?

How about some chips to go with those BEER brats?

Mike, need a fence post setter, one of those two handed doo-hickies that slip over the end of a metal fence post. At this point, I'm about 50/50 on making it.

I can bring a fence post setter also just in case a 2nd is needed, or the first one is forgotten. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike, need a fence post setter, one of those two handed doo-hickies that slip over the end of a metal fence post. At this point, I'm about 50/50 on making it.

I can bring a fence post setter also just in case a 2nd is needed, or the first one is forgotten. Haha.

The Forest Service has two of the post pounders. Maybe bring a small step ladder.

Springs/Monument: Want to convoy? I'll be leaving downtown Springs right about 7 am. Meet at the Monument MCD?

Any need for a truck with a bed, or should I just bring the XJ?

My son and I will be there, and my buddy Noah says he is planning on going too.

As long as nothing comes up, I should be able to make this!

My "to do" list is done. See you all there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning on being there. Gotta get my good trail karma in. Anything in particular we need to bring other than what was mentioned?

I will be there

I am installing a new rear bumper in the next day or two and should be ready to go Saturday morning.

Springs/Monument: Want to convoy? I'll be leaving downtown Springs right about 7 am. Meet at the Monument MCD?
At least 10 people (including the Facebook page)... you guys will have to double up on the BEER Brats. :)

Our Forest Service Volunteer Coordinator sent me a reminder, and I reiterate:

Hey Mike,
Forgot to mention…
Please make sure everyone who will be working tomorrow has all the proper gear…long sleeve, long pants, eye protection, closed toe shoes or boots.
We are regularly getting more and more strict direction on following all of the safety guidelines so I want to make sure everyone is equipped. I am as lax as they get on some of this stuff so we(I) need to get better.

My guys will bring hardhats for anyone who will be working and we can provide some gloves…if you have a hard hat you prefer, bring it. Otherwise you can wear ours. Some people prefer their own gloves so please advise all your folks.
I hope to have lots of pictures of you guys working and want everyone wearing their gear…nothing like a photo of someone pounding a steel post wearing flip flops and no hard hat.
Thanks.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Brant

If we have to, we can pass my NAXJA hoodie around for the picture opportunities. ;)

EDIT to add Kittrell.

Last edited:
I'll bring along a couple of NAXJA hoodies. I'll just take pictures, I'll be in short sleeves, and I won't wear a hardhat. I don't obey stupid rules. Never have, never will. I'm supposed to wear a cut glove when I use a chef knife, I don't. I've had a knife in my hand for 45 years, I haven't cut myself for 30 years, and I won't. One tendon cut is enough. :) And I'm still quicker than most Chef school kiddos.

I'll bring along a couple of NAXJA hoodies. I'll just take pictures, I'll be in short sleeves, and I won't wear a hardhat. I don't obey stupid rules. Never have, never will. I'm supposed to wear a cut glove when I use a chef knife, I don't. I've had a knife in my hand for 45 years, I haven't cut myself for 30 years, and I won't. One tendon cut is enough. :) And I'm still quicker than most Chef school kiddos.
Yup, we only have to wear the PPE when we are actually working. ;)

We need all the picture taking we can get!

Also, I would welcome some conversation, and a little help, while I brown those BEER brats. :D

I snagged a couple big bags of chips Mike.
Thanks!

I just logged on to say that I'll bring a package of regular ol' hot dogs too; very young people are easy to please. :)

Back