• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I pray to God that I'm wrong! (Seth "XJFire" Stanton)

Re: I pray to God that I'm wrong!

There is a nice front page article about Seth in the Gazette this morning.

:patriot:
Thank you.

Nice job by someone putting Seth's posts in a seperate category. I read this one and just about cried.

"I'm gonna have quite a bit of money when I get back so I don't mind dumping 5 grand into this project to bring everything up to par.

What upgrades, specific ones, would you reccomend? I have ideas, but I don't know specific companies and specific parts, all of the parts I should say, that I need for this.

As for Axles I'm open to anything from D44's to D60's to Ford 9 Inchs.

I do alot of rockcrawling and general Colorado trail running. I need something near bulletproof that I can depend on. I have had a ridiculous amount of luck with my current axles but my luck is wearing thin.

Thanks

Seth"

Powerman said:
Hey Planefixer, has anyone heard anything official. Do you have any updates for anything?

Nothing official as of yet.Curt "SoundMan" said he'd try to contact the family so I'm waiting to see what he can find out.

planefixer said:
Nothing official as of yet.Curt "SoundMan" said he'd try to contact the family so I'm waiting to see what he can find out.

I sent a message to his mom last night. I have not heard anything back yet. When I do I will post here and on co4x4.org about it. I did hear on the news that there will be a memorial after Christmas but I have not heard from the family if they want a large turn out or not. Whatever they desire will be what I want to do.

someone should contact the family and finish the xj as a tribute to him .

RTicUL8 said:
sigh…

BIG Sigh…

To Seth, and all members of the military who put themselves in harms way:
Thank you sir for standing up for what you believe.
Thank you sir! Even though you did not know me personally, you volunteered to protect me, my wife, and my three children.
Thank you sir for paying a debt that should be mine to pay.
I salute you and your memory for as long as I shall live.
:us:

I could not have said it better. RIP Seth..
:patriot:

Sound_Man said:
I sent a message to his mom last night. I have not heard anything back yet. When I do I will post here and on co4x4.org about it. I did hear on the news that there will be a memorial after Christmas but I have not heard from the family if they want a large turn out or not. Whatever they desire will be what I want to do.

Thanks for taking care of this guys, I'll just be patient. I am happy to show my support, but we definitly only need one person handling this. I'm sure his family is overwhelmed. My wife is 38 and she has a 19 year old son. I couldn't even imagine what a knock on the door would be like.

im still not that in-touch with the XJ community, but im choking up here. its extremely sad knowing that he will never be posting again :(

I just now noticed the NAXJA logo at the top with the bar on it.

PERFECT!

Cant believe it! So sad.. RIP JEEPER SETH!!!!
I really like the idea of renaming a trail after him....

My condolences go out to anyone who knew him. I recently lost a good friend to iraq about a month ago. Lance Cpl Ryam MaCaughan. Manchester NH, He was 19 too.

It sucks what this war is doing to our nations teenagers.

God bless him and his family. This is one of a few times tears have been brought to my eyes. Thanks for the service and ultimate sacrifice to our country. Rest in peace Seth...... see ya on the flip side.

To All Members Far And Wide Freedom Is Not Free! It carries a very heavy price. Love This Country or Get The F@$%^ OUT. NAM VET

Back