• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Re: The Life, Death, & Rebirth of a Black Jeep

23k2e6v.jpg
carburetor cat approves of this acquisition

Her nickname is Pee Wee or just Pee, she climbs and explorers everything in my house, shes very "spirited".
Ya, she is very spirited especially when someone is trying to sleep on your couch and she keeps jumping onto the backrest and sprinting all around the coach and room.

Ya, she is very spirited especially when someone is trying to sleep on your couch and she keeps jumping onto the backrest and sprinting all around the coach and room.

Or the clock starts ringing like every half hour :roflmao:

:worship:

I would order each part I need seperately so she'd have something to deliver to me everyday. Actually, I know a chick that looks just like her, maybe I can convice her to do this pose for me :D

This build is a big inspiration to me, i dont want to add any unibody support until it gets to the point where I have to completely dismantle my jeep. :dunce:

Is this thing done yet?

Is this thing done yet?

:gee:

Seems Ive been wasting to much time/money on a certain red jeep lately. I really should do some more work on this thing. I wanna order some turned 5.38's for the 14b and finish up the shave job on it and get it under the jeep.

Eff black Jeeps. Lets take a couple of awesome red Jeeps out class six exploring!

:woohoo: Updates!!!!

Got bored last weekend and decided to do some work on black jeep to get myself back into the mood of working on it. Moved around the 14bolt and broke out the welder and torches. Thru a bunch of heat at the center section and procedded to weld the tubes up. I did a nice burly pass all the way around, but it just didnt look awesome. The 14b's massive size dwarfed it, so I made a second pass and was happy.

287jgib.jpg

2vj921f.jpg

158b7sp.jpg

And now for the mandatory pet-approved picture of the new order of metal.....

35lupw3.jpg

My Dad and I went down to our usual plywood supplier for some stuff this week. While we were there, I scored a 4'x8' sheet of 1/2" plastic for the bellypan/boatsides. They sell some different colors/thicknesses of plastic for whatever reason (marine cabinets, outside stuff, etc...). Its comparable to the regular UHMW that you commonly see people use, it just has a little bit lower strength specs and such. It was cheap, its black to match the jeep, and it'll work fine for now.

2r7vi9t.jpg

I stopped by the new local-ish Tractor Supply and fell in love with their Gr8 hardware sold by the pound :loveu: Bought 10# of stuff for the CA's, TB, crossmembers, mounts, and other random ones.

Took this weekend and finally finished up the inner middle stiffeners, tranny crossmember mounts, and the tranny crossmember. Used some more of the 3x3 angle iron to plate the inside of the framerails. I welded some more 1/2" Gr8 nuts to the inside of the plates to serve for the mount bolts. I cut some matching 5/16" plates for the ends of the crossmember to match up to the mounts. Got everything mocked up, welding in, mocked up again, and welded in again.

9gf0wk.jpg

t4z04x.jpg

a1l212.jpg

90t8g1.jpg

29pev69.jpg

The paint is drying on everything right now, but tomorrow I'll take a pic of the jackstand-less supported tranny and flat bottom setup :greensmok

28qt79z.jpg

2cokf9h.jpg

vpkz5s.jpg

qydds0.jpg

Looks badass dude.

What's funny is my MJ has those nuts in pretty much the same location already for reinforcement brackets for the stock crossmember.

As promised.....

Before my little drinking adventure tonight I got some paint on the crossmember and got it in place. The only thing below the bottom of the framerails is the 4 nuts for the tranny mount. I'll cut some small pieces of tubing to protect them and have the plastic bellypan notched to fit them.

mrb86d.jpg

33w64o8.jpg

16as136.jpg

hsiypg.jpg

Extreme gheyness!!!! There WILL be pink painted on this rig when its done. Anybody got a problem with it? I'll fawk you up and stay proud, dont mess with a guy whos willing to stand up for pink painted diff covers.

.!.:D.!.

I'm gonna copy you on the cross member. I don't want no stinkin' bolts hanging down below my unibody rails.

.!.:D.!.

fnfmvr.jpg

2n21zk1.jpg

rc4zz4.jpg

29ff18l.jpg

Score a used Stak 3 speed T-case
-23 Spline input, DS drop
-Universal Shifters
-1310 yokes
-32 Spline Outputs
-Vehicle Speed Sensor
-1:1, 3.05:1, 5.44:1 gear ratios

(It was slightly frowned upon by my mother that this will be stored in my bedroom)

Back