• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got carried away trimming the xj

chedisme

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I cut the top off and this happened.

2zizyo6.jpg

Did YJs have the frame rust problem the TJs have had? I wouldn't mind a Wrangler someday (and have had three TJs that were brand new) but I hate to buy a used TJ due to the frame rust issues.

It's a 95 so it has 4.0 ax15. The body is pretty rusty. Actually really rusty. But the frame is in really good shape. Most of it still has the original paint on it. I'm pretty excited about it.

It's a 95 so it has 4.0 ax15. The body is pretty rusty. Actually really rusty. But the frame is in really good shape. Most of it still has the original paint on it. I'm pretty excited about it.

Glad to hear it has the 4.0. Should be fun to watch you abuse this one.:roflmao:

Glad to hear it has the 4.0. Should be fun to watch you abuse this one.:roflmao:

Yea me too. I kinda want to just leave it be and wheel it as is. But James is building a tj on 40s so I figure I need to at least run 33s if I want to stay remotely near him.

So the plan is SOA, swap the 35 for the 8.8 I got from Ken years ago. 4.56s lunch boxes, sye, and 33s.

I'm hoping to get all that done before nacfest. But James the build has turned into a frame off restoration. So it's taking alot of our time.

I sure do like this YJ..

Ah so you are trying to get this done by nacfest...

glad to hear it, better get me part #s for the gears and lockers you want so I can get them coming..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Took the sway bar and both track bars out. Made a world of difference in how well the suspension works. And made almost no difference in it's road manners. A tiny bit more body roll in the corners, but not much.

Stock this is as far as I could get before I picked up a tire. And I had to bump it to even get up
t4ybeu.jpg

With everything taken out it went right up. I was able to go much farther.
2c0pqv.jpg

The tire will completely stuff now.
2n0sxhe.jpg

One day I'll have a garage but for now under my deck will have to do.

vfjafq.jpg

___

I have some very nice YJ parts I was going to use ... but I sold my YJ. I can give you VERY good prices.

I have a nice Genright stuby winch bumper, nice rock rails, and the JCR flat fenders with inner fender well kit.

All brand new in the box.

Text me if you are interested.

I can't believe you still have that 8.8.

Just like TJs, YJ frames rot from the inside, JFYI... paint can look great right up to the moment it breaks in half. Check carefully around the area where the trans crossmember bolts to it and also where the rear shackles go through the frame.

Back