• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm pic!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Heres a teaser,Ary said he'd host some pics so hopefully I can get them on!
Its 2" chromoly tube w/ 1-1/4" chromoly allthread and 3/16" chromoly plate
lcas.jpg

Last edited:
I'll try this.....
ZZ8lkyWvMt6c49VMx1SEKbdslKo+JNdw0060.jpg

Hmmm, Ho-made? Nice work. Now if I can just correctly plot the dimensions of the picture to scale, convert to CAD and hit the scan button.

They are 32" long and mounted high and inboard.If Ary'01XJ doesnt help w/ the pics I'll try to post a couple a day.

5Cent said:
This is my buddies current setup. His arms and yours are almost identical. I love the way he ran them off his custom crossmember. Have a lookie....

Workmanship looks good on your buddies LA's, but I'd be a little leary about the way the arm is bolted to the cross member. If you notice on the factory lower arm mount, two bolts at the rear wasn't good enough so the thru-bolt does most of the work. This is even considering that the factory arms have the help of upper arms to share the load.

Your buddies design has a single point of failure at the attachment point so it should be mucho beefy.

Heavier material + better attachment method = peace of mind.

let give this a try

I give up!!

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Heres a teaser,Ary said he'd host some pics so hopefully I can get them on!
Its 2" chromoly tube w/ 1-1/4" chromoly allthread and 3/16" chromoly plate

Did you purchase the threaded female tube at the Johnny joint end? If so where did you get it?

No its a rod coupling that was turned down on a lathe.I e-mailed my pics to Ary so hopefully the pics will get up and everything will be answered!

excellent

5Cent said:
This is my buddies current setup. His arms and yours are almost identical. I love the way he ran them off his custom crossmember. Have a lookie....

http://community.webshots.com/user/hbtcob

Youre buddy has excellent fabrication skills, very nice work. Do his rack rails hold much air? Is it enough to air up his tires (look like 33s to me). What are the dimensions on those rails?

XJguy

Back