• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fat City Pre-Runner build

Sick build so far. I dig the fact that it's really an all purpose vehicle but should be super fast in the bimps. I'm loving the Jeep but I can see outgrowing it into something like this or Tony's Bronco. Maybe I should do a Pre-runner Blazer to put a little Chevy blood into the mix with you guys :)

Chris

Do it!!

Funny you should ask. We were on the 86 at one point yesterday while in Ocotillo, but the truck is still torn down in the drive right now... So, wasnt me.

Hmm these things all look alike, looked like yours to the T except the storage rack above the shocks.

Shocks finally showed up!

While I had some down time I went ahead and made some extre gussets and did some of the smaller time consuming plate work.

DSC00757.jpg

I've got 2 days to finish 5 days worth of work...
Worked into the wee hours last night and got the passenger side pretty much done and made most of the parts in duplicate for the driver side.

Main part of the upper shock mount:

DSC00871.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

Got everything tacked together and pulled it back out to weld the back sides ect.

DSC00861.jpg

No.
It will get one down the road, but I want it to hide behind the interior panels and in the headliner so it's going to take alot of time and patience.
Not just for safety, but also to help out the chassis. They leave a little to be desired on 97-03 era...

Fronts done bitches...

Just in time for the desert trip we have planned this weekend.

DSC00883.jpg

Cross tube. I put a AFE filter on to make some room. I gained like 67HP and 32 miles to the gallon extra. XXXX ya!
DSC00902.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

That looks great!! Man I have a feelin you are gonna dig that setup big time!

Thanks dude. I'm way stoaked on it. It rides 100 times better than the stock junk on the street and in the Mall parking lot, where I plan to spend most of my time...;)

We're leaving this afternoon, so I'm trying to finish up the stuff in the bed.
Ultimate camping set up.
64Qt. Engle fridge/cooler.
I also scored this tool box my brother was gonna S-can. I robbed all but to drawers out of it and am going to use it as my "camping pantry"

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00878-1.jpg

Back