• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I don't really know what to say. He was one of the first NAXJA guys I met at WF 2010. It deserves to be said again, he truly made the best out of a shitty situation and that's something that I have learned from him. Such a good dude that will be missed by a lot of people.

Crazy, I just saw him in his Subaru at Dog N Suds (car show) in Greenwood two weeks ago. He had a line of people waiting to talk to him! Awesome guy!!!!

I have known Aaron all of my life. We grew up about a mile from each other in a small town. Aaron was one of the best human beings I have ever known. He introduced me to NAXJA when I started modifying my jeep, he was always willing to help me figure out what was going wrong with whatever I was doing on the heap. Hell he gave me my front two points and hide-a-hitch for my wedding present. It's going to be hard driving the heap around for a bit. I ****ing love you brother.

I had only met Aaron a handful of times, but he was one of the kindest and most optimistic people I will ever meet. Truly some one who had a positive impact on everyone he met.
See you one day man!

I haven't felt this broken hearted in a long time. I can't seem to recover from the shock, I haven't been able to find any words. I never realized the impact he made on my life or what he meant to my little family. We had more adventures planned and they wont be the same without him.

Without you guys here in the MWC I would of never known one of my favorite people of all time. Thanks guys

If time allows (if the funeral is during the week), I plan on going. Trying to get some time off work next week is going to be impossible though. I was trying to find info on a cruise in this weekend though and can't find it now.

I've had a hard time coming up with something to say about Aaron's passing. I have pretty much been at a loss for words since Brad called me yesterday afternoon.

Aaron was one of the closest long distance friends I have ever had. We talked daily via FB, and have been for several years. No matter how much grief we gave him he was always there with a smile and a fresh Ludacris lyric.

The outpouring of support and love for Aaron from coast to coast truly embodies who he was. He had the biggest heart of anyone I know. He never made any excuses for his disability, and trumped any excuse I could come up with to go on a Jeep trip.

Supposedly he went to Moab, but that hasn't been confirmed. :D

God bless the family and friends who are left to deal with the pain of Aaron's passing, and I hope to see you again one day buddy.

6A8B8C38-17C2-4C72-92BD-49B899E283B5_zpsh49whsyf.jpg

Last edited:
Steve - Aaron had been admitted to the hospital with pneumonia about a week ago, but had been steadily improving. They had also found some problems with his heart, but he was set to do some physical therapy and be released. Many of us had been in touch with him and didn't suspect any problems. He didn't really publicize it or make a big deal out of it, he just wanted to get out and go home. Yesterday he started having some trouble and things deteriorated quickly, it sounds like his heart couldn't take it and he passed. The whole thing is very unexpected and tragic.

Never did I think when I shook his hand and said goodbye to him at the the Crawl would be the last time I would ever see him.

Byron, your post hit me square in the feels... :bawl:

Back