• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Sorry to hear the news guys, I only met Aaron a few times, but he was always a nice guy, super friendly and welcoming.

When someone knows of the arrrangements, please post them up. Im not on the facespace and have no way to know. Camille and I want to send flowers etc out.

Thanks-
Cheese

Cardboard is going to text me them as soon as they are determined.

I will blast them across the interwebs.

mac 'R.I.P.' gyvr

I was just talking about Flex around the Campfire last weekend. He always did his best with what was put in front of him, no complaining, no excuses. You will be missed around here Aaron.

heartbreaking news. im gonna miss flex, he was one of those guys i always looked forward to seeing.

a true explore to the heart! :)

I got a call from Byron at 5:00 this afternoon while I was at work. I've been numb since. We talked on a daily basis. Rest in peace my friend. You were a hell of good guy that put up with a lot of shit that life threw at you, and never let it get the best of you. You taught us all a whole lot.

every time i post i see the quote from him in my sig. that's from when he had that pink BMW i think...

i can't believe he is gone, such a good dude.

We didn't interact much but he was the trail leader or a leader on my last WF in my rig stock. It was the first time I really enjoyed wheeling stock. That winterfest was the year he busted his head open in the VFW and my wife played nurse along with a few others there. I think next years WF shirt needs to have his rig on it instead just a generic rig. Maybe even an award for the person who does something with a rig that is down (stock, 4wd not working, etc) and still tries their best to have fun.

I'm at a loss here. I heard from Aaron this morning, I thought he was going to be released in a day or two. This completely blindsided me.

All night, all I can manage to do is think of good times I've had with Aaron. I suppose that's all that I should do - that seems like what he would want.

Ever since I finished college, I'd throw a New Year's bash every year. Well, after the first Winterfest and meeting some NAXJA folk, Aaron came up for it too. He didn't get swerved on the Boosh Light, but he thought we were fun enough that he'd drive up and hang out for a weekend. That tradition continued for years. In the last few we started going wheeling on New Year's day.

On an early adventure, we went to Hannibal Rocks and Aaron rode along. I remember crossing the Mississippi and him commenting that it was the first time he had ever crossed it. Later I remember him saying he wanted to go wheel in Moab - and then, he made it happen. I always had immense respect for that, I could find 100 reasons not to do X, Y, or Z, and he just went and did it.

To those that were at Moab with Aaron and helped him out - thank you. Sometimes his determination was stronger than his body and we needed to fill in the gaps. Speaking of gaps - who remembers the toothless grille?

I never would have guessed the impact that 4 wheeling would have on my life. We've all made some unforgettable friends from this place - Aaron is one of mine.

I vaguely remember someone putting on a small pink t shirt at the VFW during WF one year, wasn't it him he did on a dare?

I just remember it happening on the same side he was sitting.

Even though he never drank, he still made the drive to Chicago for Brewfest. He made the drive with Brad and the guys out to Missouri to join in on Festfest at my place....wish I could find the pic from that, he was at Redbird for the inaugural "fried bacon heart attack" trip (and many more!), he made it to PigGig at Jim's.......he made it happen. Whether it was in person or on the boards postwhoring it up with his 21,000+ posts, he was active in our club and ALL of its activities. He could take a joke and not get pissed off (too bad :D) like the time we replaced his grill with one that looked like teeth with the missing tooth (nice work Josh!). Lots of memories over the years.....thanks Flex, you will be missed buddy.

DSCN0054.jpg

Some see this as a silly online jeep club.........we are more than that, we are like family.

Last edited:
Back