• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CARNAGE

NAXJA Forum User
So who broke what?

I had a torque convertor bolt come loose on the dodge on the way to the Crawl (not the first time). so that got some locktite put on it in my sister's driveway Monday before we left their house in TN. Not a huge issue but could turn into one and makes a hell of a racket with it being loose...may be investing in new bolts soon.

The trailer has no running lights...turn and brake lights work fine but I still had a ton of people flagging us down last night (only in Florida...I guess in Georgia they don't care). Also have a tire with a belt that separated but it made it home...the spare is as bad or worse :(

MJ lost a CPS and then had a ground break so we spent a few hours scratching our heads to fix it....the next morning.

On LRG one of the bolts on the passenger side leaf spring plate ( has 1 U bolt and then 2 bolts holding the plate down) decided to sheer off and shot up and out. No problem getting back to camp and it happened at 3:30 on Saturday so we were about done anyway.

I broke:

- 2 windows
- 2 doors
- a radiator
- my roof
- my hood
- my front fascia
- my front quarter panels
- both a-pillars

Passenger side shackle is hitting the unibody. That makes for a very annoying banging sound over the course of 3 days.

Leaf spring bolt on the same shackle tried to make an exit on Friday. I suspect from slamming into the unibody so much.

My winch cable got wadded up after using it and snapped the crossbars that hold the electrical box on. One of those bars took a chunk of the winch housing with it, so there's some parts to be ordered for that, as well as some rope to ditch the cable.

My heim joints sound like a late 90's Explorer or Ranger that hasn't had the front end rebuilt yet.

Not entirely true - only really broke from the dashboard/door sills up. Dash/door sills on down, still pretty dang solid.

Had a look at it today. Pulled the windshield out and jacked up the roof. Took off the front fascia. She's in better shape than I thought.

Decisions....

The slayer has finally bit the dust. I can’t thank K5matt enough for letting me use literally all of his stuff (truck/trailer and jeep) to make some entertainment happen. Goslowgetstuck supplied a lot of the parts to make it drivable for winter fest and the crawl. All 3 of us really put a lot of effort into that thing to make it not a complete basket case to deal with. Now I have the bug to get another xj. The slayer will be parted out once we get it back to Bremen, it still runs and drives somewhat perfectly for the frame being broken into about 6 pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wifes jku has a few more rub marks on the skid plates, front crossmember has a dent, and two fender flairs have a little rash. Daughters black xj had a elec fan burn up day one, bent tie rod (thanks Patrick for the repair help), dented rockers, and a transmission hose started leaking.

This is probably the hardest I have beat on my XJ and it shows....

DS front shock mount broke
DS front limit strap broke
DS taillight
Tire carrier mount
muffler dented flat
PS rear rim
DS front valve stem

I am sure there is more but that was after a quick 5 minute look over while unloading

Broke a couple axle side driveshaft U-joint caps in my first attempt at trying to race through rocks! And then a few Ubolts holding the axle side shaft Ujoint.

Then I did Mason Jar for the first time and towed the Xj trailer home with it 500 miles :)

I figured out why I keep breaking the same part, my 10 year old lift kit is tired and the rear leafs are shot.

When I hammer down it is getting axle wrap so bad the ears of the yoke and driveshaft are making contact and blowing the Ujoint or its u-bolt straps apart.

Broke nothing. I did keep spitting out caliper wedges and springs.

Broke nothing. I did keep spitting out caliper wedges and springs.
Need to pull the ford stuff off and put chevy calipers on. Taylor had that problem all the time in Big Booty Judy so we swapped the ford stuff out for the chevy and problem solved.

Need to pull the ford stuff off and put chevy calipers on. Taylor had that problem all the time in Big Booty Judy so we swapped the ford stuff out for the chevy and problem solved.

It was a bent bracket. BFH fixed it and my cheap ass now knows what to look out for. When I rebuild my pile of crap I'll probably change them out.

I didn't break anything.

Almost nothing.
...other than a nice scuff on my cage B pillar from the flop, and a d44 hub (had new one on 20 minutes later) ...was such a quick break & repair I almost forgot about it ��

Last edited:
Back