• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Re: The Life, Death, & Rebirth of a Black Jeep

Soft 8s are ghey

pro comp wheels are gay

Now they are SUPER GHEY!!! To make sure I didn't get any of their gheyness everywhere, I put rubbers on for protection ;)

2zeeykk.jpg

2iu5i5x.jpg

beautiful

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

Built some U-bolt eliminators. I cut up a piece of the 2x6x.250 rect tubing and laid it on its side. I picked up a hole saw and notched out the sides to sit nicely on the 14b's tubes, I finally use my Bridgeport and it was awesome!!! 80 RPMs with a 3.5" hole saw was sweet. Drilled the 4 corners out for some 4" long 5/8" Gr8 hardware, it should be good. I drilled out the centering pin holes to 9/16" to match the RE leafs. I put the holes at straight up, and forward or backward 1.25". Once I make a metal order real soon, I'll make some matching pattern top spring plates outta some 1/2" flat plate.

21erha0.jpg

6ntt01.jpg

I played with the tires a little bit and laying out some cut work outback. I wanna punch out most of the stock inner wheelwell and open up the entire wheelwell. ****I don't like the exact angle and arches and I'll probably make the overall opening longer.**** The inner white line will be where the body sheet metal meets the inner wheelwell sheet metal. I'll bend up some 1/4" round stock and weld it in to tie them together. The outer white line represents where the outside of the rear lower tube will be from the rocker to the rear bumper. The area on the door will be cut out the clear the tube. From the bottom of the body line to the new wheelwell opening will be ~3". Currently to the trimmed wheelwell opening its like 5", and untrimmed it would probably be like 6/6.5".

2wd511y.jpg

:party: Brown Santa dropped off more goodies today!!

Full set of Ballistic Fab 2.63 joints for the front 3 link with upgraded 5/8" thru-bolts and billet (solid) Nylatron GS races, 7/8" x 3/4" QA1 rod ends for the trackbar ends, and associated hardware for the UCA and trackbar.

23slkn.jpg

23k2e6v.jpg

2mz9p1i.jpg

:party: Brown Santa dropped off more goodies today!!

Full set of Ballistic Fab 2.63 joints for the front 3 link with upgraded 5/8" thru-bolts and billet (solid) Nylatron GS races, 7/8" x 3/4" QA1 rod ends for the trackbar ends, and associated hardware for the UCA and trackbar.

23slkn.jpg

23k2e6v.jpg

2mz9p1i.jpg
The cat seems very impressed! :D

Ross, you know we all can take a $100 bill out of the bank too. :D

Looks good, but to put them to use we need to see some fab work.

The cat seems very impressed! :D

Holley loves anything that comes in a box. She loves to play inside the boxes after I open them.

Ross, you know we all can take a $100 bill out of the bank too. :D

I dont want some crappy, used $1 bill chillin' out cramping Ballistic's style :greensmok

I still gotta finish up the inner stiffeners near the tranny so I have a solid mounting area for the frame side link mounts and buy some proper size PVC before I can start laying out any of the front suspension. I'm gunna build the LCA mounts like these Poly Performance pieces and the PS UCA mount like this RuffStuff piece.

Damnit, I opened up yet another build thread to see nothing but a picture of a bunch of parts sitting on someone's floor.

"Check it out guys, I didn't work on my jeep today but I did play with my cat!"

I watch for Massachusetts threads because (forget the tech) it's so fun to read all of the abuse! I am keeping my signature even though you have clearly abandoned all such reason!

I watch for Massachusetts threads because (forget the tech) it's so fun to read all of the abuse! I am keeping my signature even though you have clearly abandoned all such reason!

The NAC is quite adept at derailing peoples threads straight into the ground. Especially build threads, they just turn into us talking to each other and giving each other crap.

The NAC is quite adept at derailing peoples threads straight into the ground. Especially build threads, they just turn into us talking to each other and giving each other crap.

:cheers: If you can't have fun, why bother?

:roflmao:

:worship:

I owe this dude a beer!!

:D

Came home to find Brown Santa's buddy USPS stopped by with some goodies. D60 master install kit and 14b axle bearings/seals.

Heres some more all show and no go pics for Bill :moon:

15zfot3.jpg

nice parts. do something with em .!.:D.!.

nice parts. do something with em .!.:D.!.

NO!!!

I wanna have a blingin' parts collection sitting in my room. When I order my knuckles and junk, Im soo gunna put them on my headboard and admire them everyday.

Your build SUCKS, POST MORE CATS!

What! No cat pictures today?! Fail!

Your build SUCKS, POST MORE CATS!

.!.:D.!.

This is Holley right after I got her. I was at a local speedway's gaint end of the year auto parts swap meet and some dude was giving away free kittens. I couldn't resist, I got the coolest one with a split-colored face. She's named after Holley Carburetors. Her nickname is Pee Wee or just Pee, she climbs and explorers everything in my house, shes very "spirited".

28a6te9.jpg

Subscribed

Back