• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meow...........

check the post above ya, Frog! GM rebadging brings the phunnay.

That thing is all kinds of awesome.

Not really.
Zl1/ctsv are boosted 6.2 lsa motors. Run same everything aside from shell/interior. While you don't see a lot of the zl1 being modded as hard. The ctsv (also an 'A' body car) is more common. They are ~560 factory. Guys are making 800+ whp with pullies, cam, exhaust, corn tune, and injectors. Aka. Not a lot of money at all. Mod the s/c and add intercooler and it's not hard to be at the 1k mark. $55k ON TOP of a zl1 price tag will put it well over the demon price. And won't be any better than cars half it's price doing the same thing.

I'm just not a fan of this latest generation Camaro. Every year they cut a more angled, sharp-edged body. Looks more and more like the Batmobile meets stealth bomber. And they really suck to get in and out of. Massive blindspots too.

I'm just not a fan of this latest generation Camaro. Every year they cut a more angled, sharp-edged body. Looks more and more like the Batmobile meets stealth bomber. And they really suck to get in and out of. Massive blindspots too.

Agreed. IMO visually smooth flowing lines will always beat sharp "modern" edges. The Dodge looks amaze balls because of this.

Well. Amidst handling the IRS and other things, my grandpa retired and is moving to a small town by la junta. As is the case, he didn't have room for his car. It's a 1 of 2 car from the factory. I have every piece of paper from before he ordered it to oil changes. So now I'm the second owner. 1999 SS Hugger Orange. LS1, 6m, hardtop, chrome wheel option, leather.
She needs some maintenance parts here and there, but otherwise I don't plan on getting crazy with it. I'll change out exhaust (his current drones REALLY bad). And maybe a cam/heads eventually.
Found the most amazing twisty road by my place/blue Mesa and plan on spending some time with the car there.

IMG_0312_zpsw7c82v0j.jpg

IMG_0313_zpszerpd4tm.jpg

I'm not a big fan of late-gen camaros before the retro-redo, but that is pretty sexy.

That's an awesome grandpa! Those Camaros are great cars, I too would be proud to own it! Congrats! I think it's cool because it isn't a common color for that year and model. So many black, blue and silver ones.... I dig the orange! :thumbup:

Maybe you, Zarco and I need to go hit the twistys you talk about and then grab dinner at some groovy hole in the wall......? Or maybe meet up at Pueblo Raceway?

Yeah you'll definitely have to join on that road. Look it up. Hwy92 from blue Mesa to hotchkiss. Super fun drive. I'm going to try and get some video up there this weekend.
As far as Puebla just let me know, as I'll have to get the car to front range. Zarco is drag set up these days not sure if he'd be down for the track :dunno:

And yeah. Only one year this color for SS. Most were auto. Of those manual most were t top or convertible. Only two in this set up. She's a rare bird.

Yeah you'll definitely have to join on that road. Look it up. Hwy92 from blue Mesa to hotchkiss. Super fun drive. I'm going to try and get some video up there this weekend.
As far as Puebla just let me know, as I'll have to get the car to front range. Zarco is drag set up these days not sure if he'd be down for the track :dunno:

I thought Pueblo was a drag strip....... That's why I mentioned it. I need to burn off what's left of my OEM rear tires so I can throw on the new Conti's...:D

I wouldn't call that SS slow by any means. Probably more fun to manage and even push to it's limits. That LS and Tremec combo is the shit.

This Hellcat is more about pulling on the reins as far as road course or playing on the twisties in the mountains. This bad cat will kill a guy if he's not very careful. Straight line is pretty manageable and stupid fun.

I think if I was to get serious about road course, I'd be regretting the HC. But then again, I could just leave the red key at home and maybe it'd be more manageable..... :dunno:

I could see your SS being a monsterous hoot on a road course with sticky tires...... :D

Oh I meant comparatively for straight line numbers. You two boosted guys are in a different world.
However, in regards to pushing it I agree 100%. I view it like riding a 600cc bike vs a liter. Sure. I can ride a liter bike pretty damn well. But it's waaaaayyyy more fun to manhandle the crap out of a 600. Same idea with this car. Be a good learning curve for me. And let me abuse the power that is there vs trying to manage excessive output.

She's on 274/40/17 all the way around and it's funny how damn planted it is in a corner. I was genuinely impressed. I'm 100% holding the car back from its potential. Big Cheshire Cat grin the whole drive though.

A member at Hellcat.org is making these up using our VIN's to make graphics we can have printed to poster size and display with our cars or make wall hangings, etc. Pretty cool!

Bright%20White_zpsv5vmhfyd.jpg

Along with our window stickers.........

file-page1_zpsyaynxel2.jpg

Last edited:
Back