• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Another XJ on tons, coilovers, 42's, etc. Build

Did you run the numbers on your upper link mounts for each location?
I have just about the same multi hole set up and the changes on the upper frame mount are HUGE!
You run from an instant center of 120 to somethink like 240 I'd bet.

And who the hell trusses a 14bolt? You will need a fork lift to move that bastard!
;)

Did you run the numbers on your upper link mounts for each location?
I have just about the same multi hole set up and the changes on the upper frame mount are HUGE!
You run from an instant center of 120 to somethink like 240 I'd bet.

And who the hell trusses a 14bolt? You will need a fork lift to move that bastard!
;)

What ya think I didn't run the numbers after all that work?:D

Yeah I ran teh numbers and it varies me between ~60%, ~85%,and ~110% AS.

I'll get back to ya on my instant centers :D

I have seen one man carry a 14 bolt axle before. We had to lift it for him, but he carried it 20-30 feet with a towstrap around his neck and one in each hand.

(Ross (foxwar71) at the all-you-can-carry junkyard event a few weeks ago)

freerider15 - great build. As usual it makes me wish I had the fab skills, time, and money to put into a project like this.

Wow, awesome work! I really gotta learn how to weld one of these days. As you're demonstrating, the possibilities are nearly endless...

Can't believe your landlord had an issue with you doing that in your garage. :rolleyes: You also mentioned it's back in your garage now, new place?

I have seen one man carry a 14 bolt axle before.

that was some fun stuff, i diffenently coulda keep carrying it all the way to my truck if i had shortened the straps a little bit more. getting it off the ground was the hard part.

Justin, the progress on the jeep is looking sweet!!! i remember seeing that thing just on 35's with a D30 still, oh how times have changed. gunna do any truss work on the 60?

Glad the build thread is going. After that teaser pic you sent I've been dying to see more. Props on the fab work. Jeeps gonna look a bit different from how it used to look in highschool lol :thumbup:

Wow, awesome work! I really gotta learn how to weld one of these days. As you're demonstrating, the possibilities are nearly endless...

Can't believe your landlord had an issue with you doing that in your garage. :rolleyes: You also mentioned it's back in your garage now, new place?

Yeah its in MY garage now, so I don't have to drive 10 minutes everytime I wanted to work on it. As well, I'll be able to work on it much earlier and later in the day. Yeah my old landlord or shall I say Realty company I could go on and on about the situation was so screwed up...guess thats one of the benefits of being a college student :banghead:

that was some fun stuff, i diffenently coulda keep carrying it all the way to my truck if i had shortened the straps a little bit more. getting it off the ground was the hard part.

Justin, the progress on the jeep is looking sweet!!! i remember seeing that thing just on 35's with a D30 still, oh how times have changed. gunna do any truss work on the 60?

Yeah its changed a BIT...but do I happen to know ya?

Glad the build thread is going. After that teaser pic you sent I've been dying to see more. Props on the fab work. Jeeps gonna look a bit different from how it used to look in highschool lol :thumbup:

Thanks, sooooo looking forward to getting it done. I haven't been wheeling in over a YEAR due to the rig being out. By the time its done it'll be going on 2!

Dayum! Was that complete (brakes, carrier, and everything)? I hope you saved a lot of money!
Billy

I'm know he picked up with everything on it, but it was an all you can carry day at a local pick and pull, so you had to carry it a certain distance. They took the brakes off of it to make it easier, but other than that, it was complete. Ross is a beast.

Dayum! Was that complete (brakes, carrier, and everything)? I hope you saved a lot of money!
Billy
We did in fact yank the backing plates/drums/shoes off it, but it was complete other than that. It was $75+tax per person carrying, so he got a 14bolt for $80 instead of $160.

I have seen one man carry a 14 bolt axle before. We had to lift it for him, but he carried it 20-30 feet with a towstrap around his neck and one in each hand.

(Ross (foxwar71) at the all-you-can-carry junkyard event a few weeks ago)

freerider15 - great build. As usual it makes me wish I had the fab skills, time, and money to put into a project like this.

Built a 14 bolt in school for a Fallguy Truck Remake. I carried the bare housing by myself. It wasnt too bad but there was no way I could carry the whole thing by myself.

Crap...exceeded my bandwidth on Photobucket....now it'll be until the 30th until the pictures show back up

Ive exceeded my limit for the last three months.

Im not sure how, since NAXJA isnt a huge forum, and people on Pirate dont seem to have this problem and Pirate is what, 4x the size of NAXJA?

Ive exceeded my limit for the last three months.

Im not sure how, since NAXJA isnt a huge forum, and people on Pirate dont seem to have this problem and Pirate is what, 4x the size of NAXJA?

Yeah, thinking about going "pro" since its only $25/year...unlimited bandwidth...

I'm sitting here right now warming up from being in the garage...getting this front axle square, even from side to side, and at 110" is wanting to be next to impossible :banghead:
Not to mention i'm seeing things that are going to make life oh SO fun in the front right now clearance wise (aka full hydro possibly not wanting to play nice with the crank pully)...

FML!

Not to mention i'm seeing things that are going to make life oh SO fun in the front right now clearance wise (aka full hydro possibly not wanting to play nice with the crank pully)...

FML!
I had the same problem with my 44. I ended up limiting my uptravel by about an inch to avoid my panhard hitting my oilpan. Getting steering, a long panhard, engine, and suspension mounts to play nice together was a freakin PITA.

I dont envy you for that part of the build. Let me know if you need an extra set of hands. Im here until Thursday.

Back