• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Sure, let's do this! Ordered the rest of the parts I need to get the rear end mocked up and cycle stuff. I think I'm just gonna cut my existing shock hoops and build new ones, time will tell.

b7dvep.jpg

2m2tnd4.jpg

2ewd2c4.jpg

Bunch of little things like misalignment spacers for the coilovers, pinion guard/truss tie, and LCA brackets came in Friday/Saturday so I spent Sunday getting everything mocked up and started to cycle the suspension.

sy5jqd.jpg

urmh0.jpg

zsr7ed.jpg

2rfbjap.jpg

33m6cg1.jpg

2zp4595.jpg

wl2gt0.jpg

I'd be real interested in what spring rates you end up with on the rear. What travel are those? Sway a way?

2.0x14 Swayaway Racerunners, I'm thinking like a 200/250. Bill (RCman) had the same coilovers with 150/250 and he said he wished he had a little stiffer. Once the Jeep is all setup, I'll weigh it and get all the corners weights

Looking good!
2.0x14 Swayaway Racerunners, I'm thinking like a 200/250. Bill (RCman) had the same coilovers with 150/250 and he said he wished he had a little softer. Once the Jeep is all setup, I'll weigh it and get all the corners weights
FIFY. ;)
Mainly it was the transition to the 2nd stage that was a bit harsh at speed. Crawling was fine.
Do the math and get the correct spring rate. Soft enough to hold the weight and then valve it correctly.
x2. get your dampening from the shock, not the spring.
X3. Especially if you buy your own Nitrogen fill kit like you texted me about. Valving does not take that long and the shims are cheap.
Takes a little work but way worth the effort.

Last edited:
That and he jumps from project to project accumulating parts without doing anything with them nearly as much as I do :anon:

Back