• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dusy -- August 1-4

Porch Puppy

Thread Killer
The idea of running the Dusy was brought up by Richard as an alternative to the Colorado run. It looks as though Richard will still be going to CO, but I am still planning on running the Dusy on the dates previously discussed (August 1 to 4). I've never been on the Dusy, but that hasn't stopped me before (that's what maps are for). Is anyone else interested?

interested, let me check calendar.

CRASH.....how was the 'Con?

[quote:b7450226c7="Anonymous"]interested, let me check calendar.

CRASH.....how was the 'Con?[/quote:b7450226c7]

Rubicon was great. There was so much water. Here are the pictures: http://picturecenter.kodak.com/share?invite=UEkr4mmG7P8DI8GYzQ1Q

Cool pictures. Looks like there's still some deep nasty water up on the 'con.
I'm still interested in doing Dusy-Ershim, I'll have to see what happens in the coming weeks.

Jes

Again, who are you?

why doenst it show my name when i am logged in!!!!! AHHHH :x I am Matt from fresno if it doesnt show. and dammit i am going. I cant wait.

[quote:a788a913a4="Anonymous"]I am IN! shall we discuss times, etc??[/quote:a788a913a4]

The only information I know right now is that I'd like to start the trail Thursday morning @ 8:00 AM (August 1). I'm not familiar with the area so I was waiting to post any information until after the trip to Swamp. I hope to get more information then.

The start of Dusy on the south end is easy to find, easier than most trails. Follow the signs to Courtwright Resevoir. As you come to the lake there is a Y in the road, to the left goes to the campground and to the right is the dam and the start of Dusy. Follow the road until you see an obvious trail to the left, and signs identifying it as Dusy-Ershim Trail. If you get there early enough you may find a campspot, or I think you can camp along the road like is done back by Dinkey Creek. You could camp in the same spot we use for Swamp, and then drive the 1/2 hour to the trailhead in the morning.

Richard G

I'll know better when the date gets closer, but I'm game. I've never done dusy, so what'll it be a 2-3 day trip???

Alex,
I'm not sure where we'll camp wednesday night but I'm sure Andy(Porch Puppy) will make a decesion soon. Stay in contact!! Look forward to wheelin' again NEXT WEEK! :D :D :D
We made it back to the desert around 10:00pm not too bad gettin' up for work at 5 this morning. :(

At this moment it looks like Todd (CJ7) and I wont be able to make it. :x :twisted: :x I asked for the time off today and thei boss is having surgery on Tues. and its the last week of ditch water, which will make me really busy. Ill post agian if things change but I wont know tell Wed. if at all. Anyways Andy and who ever else needs a place to leave their tow rig or meet on Wed. can still meet at my cabin and leave their rigs for the weekend. My grandparents will probably be there so it will be safe, and there is plenty of parking. Its a nice central location between Courtwright and Kiaser Peak, so you wont have to back track to one or the other. Ill keep you all posted and leave directions to the cabin later. Had an awsome time on Swamp and Bald, thanks for the time.

Back