• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 - 01 -2015

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
Going to try to get a couple of folks to go out for the day to see these guys..

No offroad per say.But the area does have soft spots. Great time for the family, but kids will have a better time looking at them.LOL

Then after looking at them we'll more an likely head over to truckhaven for a little play time. This you will need 4 wheel drive.

Post up and let me know if you want to join, wanting to start the new year off right.
Play time. :D

I'll be there for sure... Brandy should make it this time too!

i might be in, my lady loves them things, gotta see if shes stuck workin

199pb5.jpg

Going to try to get a couple of folks to go out for the day to see these guys..

No offroad per say.But the area does have soft spots. Great time for the family, but kids will have a better time looking at them.LOL

Then after looking at them we'll more an likely head over to truckhaven for a little play time. This you will need 4 wheel drive.

Post up and let me know if you want to join, wanting to start the new year off right.
Play time. :D

We will meet out there by 10:00, on the corner of Borrego Springs rd and Borrego Valley rd. I was looking at the map they show at i think it is a very old map. They have a bunch of them out there.

If you make it over to Truckhaven, be sure and stop in the AM-PM and grab some tacos. We were there over Thanksgiving and ended up going back three times for more tacos. They were awesome and only $1.50 a pop...

Also, just for trivia sake... Dennis Avery (owner of Goleta Meadows) is from the Avery family of Avery Labels fame... (I.E. A crapton of money...)

Last edited:
After today i'll find out if the new to me jeep is going. New Years day is coming up fast folks. Hope to see you there, if not please be safe and Don't Drink an Drive.

Happy New Years.

Looks like the lady got the day off, so me her and the dog will be there. now i just gotta get the jeep ready, cover the huge holes in the floor where all these new shifters are stickin out

Oh ya what time for us lazy young folk who have a ways to drive to get there?

We will meet out there by 10:00, on the corner of Borrego Springs rd and Borrego Valley rd. I was looking at the map and they show a few just down from our meeting place. They have a bunch of new ones out there i think.

Here you go Ben. Glad you can make it.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, it is cold out here and is going to stay that way for a couple of days. It was starting to warm up to 59 and them it dropped to 50 in a matter of minutes. I heard it is going to be in the upper 40's New Years day. Bring your coat, i know i will.
The plus side is my new to me jeep has a GREAT heater. :clap:

That is all for today and we'll see you out there.
Stay Safe.

Back