• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

You know, the unicorn has only ever been on pavement to date, and the G80's were only driven on the dirt, so i can't really compare.

You really can't go wrong with G9's, though. We were just trying to squeeze that extra little bit out.

You know, the unicorn has only ever been on pavement to date, and the G80's were only driven on the dirt, so i can't really compare.

You really can't go wrong with G9's, though. We were just trying to squeeze that extra little bit out.

I figured that's what you would say, and I think for the extra work to fit the longer spring, for my style of wheeling likely wont pay dividends. Especially with all the options available now for slightly extending wheelbase with anti-wrap perches with some adjustment built in, the ironrock offroad front spring mounts (pretty similar to what you guys came up with for your front springs and similar to the synergy/poly brackets), combine with some shackle relocators and you can get a lot of flexibility with moving the rear axle back a few inches to dial it in.

thanks for the input, will be interesting to hear your perspective when you do get the unicorn into the dirt. Probably not gonna do as much go fast stuff I would guess.

Back