• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Catch ya on the flip side (Seth "XJFire" Stanton)

Re: Catch ya on the flip side

mail over here takes between 1 and 2 weeks to get here, depending on the mail gods. sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on if they shine favorably or not.

irak.jpg

i love it :D

Some quick pics. I blew one of my rear shocks going over little "speed bumps" in a field looking for a High Value Target out in the middle of nowhere. Makes me miss my XJ.... sigh.......

89797.jpg

2 of the 3 500lb bombs dropped by the F-16 that crashed in Iraq. I helped pick up the wreckage and search for the pilot.

564861.jpg

Pulling security early morning right before we rolled out to search again.

654811111.jpg

Air Medivac coming in for a practice run.

Hope you all are doin great!

Seth

So....... I take it that first pic is of your squad having to drag those bombs away from the crash site? That looks like absolutely no fun at all. Were they still live at the time or were they rendered safe?

I think that unexploded ordinance should find it's way to John Kerry's front door.... :D

Thanks for your dedicated service brutha - keep your head down and shoot at all towel wrapped ones that pop up.

YELLAHEEP said:
So....... I take it that first pic is of your squad having to drag those bombs away from the crash site? That looks like absolutely no fun at all. Were they still live at the time or were they rendered safe?
They're still live, guaranteed. The right one looks like the tail fuze has been removed, but that certainly looks like a broken fuze in the left one. There's no telling from this angle what they have in the nose wells - we commonly used a solid plug or a 'TDD' Target Detecting Device that would send a detonation signal to the rear fuze while the bomb was still above the sand. That maximizes the explosive effect. If they were guided in any way though (laser, GPS, etc) then it likely was a guidance package up front and a fuze in the rear....

Rest in peace Seth. Your work on earth is done. Thank you for giving the ultimate sacrifice for the safety and freedom of all our families.

May God be with Seth and his family,

Tom and Becky

Hope to meet you on the flip side.

R.I.P.

Thanks for your sacrifice.

:patriot:

Back