• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday night dinner

Filet mignon served medium rare with roasted fingerling potatoes in duck fat
3 fingers of single malt

RC cola and a moonpie for dessert

I'm trying to cut back on quantity. If that's the case, I'll take a ribeye.....bloody. F the scotch too, gimme a big beer like a IIPA or barrel aged barley wine.

I vote anything fast, filling and easy! I'm not big on big meals while camping and whelling unless we hit the town ;)

I just want some more boudin and I'm happy

Chili. Especially if its supposed to be cold.

Hmmmm....chili cook off sounds pretty good. Automatic elimination for beans.

I'd be willing to make a big pot of Chilli. It would be TX chilli no beans ;) and probably too HOt for Yankees.

they also opened a place called Boudin Shack here... I'm planning on bringing some for breakfast.

hmmmm....Yeah our little bunkhouse thing has electricity but we may throw a breaker with a bunch of crockpots plugged in. Do the bunkhouses have firepits?

The cabin has a fire pit, I like the chili and boudin. Dunno if we would have enough people for a cook off, but sounds good to me. I know everyone liked Will's boudin last year, so if you want to bring enough for everyone the chapter would reimburse you. Same goes if we decide to go with one person's chili. Or if we do a cookoff make it a cash prize (not much, just enough for ingredients+ a bit)

It would be hilarious with a bunch of dudes standing outside one of those bunk houses with some extension cords running from them all cooking chili in crock pots.

I'm not knocking it. I was the one who originally suggested it.

Back