• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Miller Rock 14Jun11

DutchVDub

NAXJA Forum User
So Rick, Chad,and myself ran Miller Rock yesterday. It was a fun little trail, but emphasis on the short. It took us less than 3hrs to run the trail and get back to the trailer and we probably spent a good hour of that just BSing over lunch. Not a lot in the way of obstacles but the few sections that offered some challenge were very off-camber and on the edge of the shelf road. Definitely added to the pucker factor. We also found a sweet arse old truck half rotted out at the top amongst the remnants of old cabins. It was a definitely a fun day and I'll be hitting it up again one of these days, its right next to Bunce and Plane Crash so I think it would be a great addition to a run up those trails.

I'll post the few pics I took tonight after work.

Thanks Dutch for the write up. A quarter of the trail was overgrown. There was one spot while going up the trail, on the south side of the creek (creek was only 6"-8" deep), that spooked me. As I tried to move forward the front kept wanting to slide off the ledge road. Dutch had to spot me. The ledge road was often 30 degrees off camber. Chad had had enough of the side hills at this point (he was more top heavy than my heep) and backed down the trail leaving his heep in the meadow. He road up to the cabins with Dutch. We never did make it to Miller Rock as Dutch was a little short on time.

We could easily have spent more time exploring some side trails on both sides of the creek. I think we all had a good time.

Back