• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Minimum Requirements

i dont have front "tow hooks". but i do have a full tube bumper that has brackets going abt 10" up the unibody and is held in with grade 8 bolts. ive always used it to pull/get pulled and its done just fine. will that pass?

That could be ok but does it have d-ring mounts or anything like that?

bumper.jpg

this is it. its pretty solid. but i just want to make sure i can get past tech inspection.

i have holes to bolt on hooks. i dont have a strap, im gonna get one. ive always used a chain with hooks on it and wrapped it around the tube.

CHAIN?! No, no, no, not good. Go to the tractor supply or Rural king and get you a couple hooks and a Keeper strap!

Sigh.

Equipment List
  1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
  2. First aid kit
  3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
  4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
  5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
    1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
    2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
    3. D-Rings
    4. Shackle/Clevis
  6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
  7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

I strongly advise against chain as well. It has it's place, but not at WF.

i know chains are bad. but its all ive had til now. sheesh.

Spare tire question:

If my spare (not a donut, can' remember size...slightly larger than stock) is smaller than my tires (31's) would this cause any problems?

As long as you have open carriers, you'll be fine. If you're locked, your tires have to be the same circumference give or take a specified amout. I believe with my Aussie it's 3/8" tolerence. I figure if I have a flat in the front, I'll throw one of my rears up to match becaue my spare is also a different size.

Spare tire question:

If my spare (not a donut, can' remember size...slightly larger than stock) is smaller than my tires (31's) would this cause any problems?

As long as your spare can get you and your rig safely off the trail it should be adequate.

Where do you recommend to buy fire extinguisher ABC from? I am in need of them and dont know where to buy good ones for the price.

Where do you recommend to buy fire extinguisher ABC from? I am in need of them and dont know where to buy good ones for the price.

WalMart has some priced reasonable.

IIRC mine was 12 bucks!

but they do work? I dont want to find that they dont work when I find that my spare tire's on fire on top of the gas tank and the fire extinguisher just mada a puff of white cloud then I am running away as the XJ go :explosion

you can get them just about any where....walmart, napa, tractor store, truck stop...

Back