• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Runs, and run leaders

I am new in SoCal so I have no idea of what is there but I will vote for something interesting that can keep us busy for part of the day.

-C

I've never been to Big Bear before. What are the trails like? Mostly dirt, mud and ruts or any rocks? Levels of difficulty?

I want to wheel but don't want to be on the trail for a whole day. Most of our wheeling is done to get to where we want to camp. Just need an idea of what to expect on the different runs.

Thanks,

dub

Geoff/Sequoia usually (when not dreadfully hungover) leads a pretty cool easy/scenic run, does a running commentary on area history, and then does an optional drop through Jacoby Canyon, which can be done in a stock rig but offers a couple small challenges and some cool scenery. Those who want to skip it have an easy route back to pavement, as well.

Someone may lead a Gold Mountain run, which I did with 2" lift/29" tires rig back when I first got it. Again, there are a couple of interesting challenges, to the point where it's listed as a Moderate run. I usually manage to get stuck somewhere, once, but as I know you used to make it to Sheep Canyon up the old original "staircase", this run will not be a problem for you...

I am debating just hanging out in camp all day Saturday--it's been a crazy month and some for me, and being busy doing nothing at all except relaxing sounds kinda fabulous. Usually I go up for 4-6 days and get my relaxation days in during the extra days, but that's not happening this year. I'll be up late Thursday or early Friday, and leaving Sunday after the Adopt-A-Trail run.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ !!!1

I might be able to join you guys, given we get there in time. You going to meet in the campsite or the same big bear discovery center as the rest of the event?

I should be down there by then. I'll ride shotgun with someone that has an open seat.

Dich

Back