• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super AW4 build

That's all, and all the upgrades available to a AW4, nobody makes a better torque converter and I already up-graded the valve body a couple yrs ago.

It's been a month so all the data is in and I couldn't be happier! I was on a trail run this weekend so between that and a lot of highway miles I can confirm that the shift's (including OD) are fast, firm, and and it shifts more like a 4 speed. My mileage is up about .75 mpg which equates to 17+ mpg on a 325hp stroker!!!!

It's been a month so all the data is in and I couldn't be happier! I was on a trail run this weekend so between that and a lot of highway miles I can confirm that the shift's (including OD) are fast, firm, and and it shifts more like a 4 speed. My mileage is up about .75 mpg which equates to 17+ mpg on a 325hp stroker!!!!

Nice!

The best part of all since I was very skeptical going in was that it was very simple and straight forward build. My 4L60E was a major PITA requiring all kinds of special tools.

What's the source of the MPG increase? Different shift points? Less torq conv slip?

Better torque converter lock-up and even more so for the clutches in the gear packs - what most would call "mushy" shifts with a normal trans shift.

Bringing this back as a little update. It's been 3 years now and I have been extremely impressed with it. Out of the autos I attempted It was the simplest and most straight forward to work with specially for me!

Back