• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

B double E double R un request 2010

I live right down the street from the Three Floyds brewery in Munster, IN. If anyone would like a few straight off the line, just let me know!

I might have to try that some time

Thanks anyway, that was more effort on your part than was neccessary. :cheers:

Just checking at your local good beer store would be fine.
BTW, found out at the Homebrewer's Club potluck last Friday that all of Kona Brewing's bottled products are brewed in Portland [supposedly.]

it doesnt matter what i like. all i can afford is pabst or old milwaukee

it doesnt matter what i like. all i can afford is pabst or old milwaukee

Hell, those are probably the only two kinds of Beer available there! :D

YESSSSS!!!

BTW, found out at the Homebrewer's Club potluck last Friday that all of Kona Brewing's bottled products are brewed in Portland [supposedly.]

I'll stop at the store and check the label.

I'm trying to get the local grocery to order me a case of fire rock, since all they have on the shelf is longboard.

I'll stop at the store and check the label.

I'm trying to get the local grocery to order me a case of fire rock, since all they have on the shelf is longboard.

If you can, order me two cases. I wouldn't mind a case of the longboard, also.

And I don't care if it was brewed in Portland, I've had a pretty good version of firerock that was brewed in Chicago in a former jeeper's garage.

At this time it looks like I will bring a keg of Belgian Witbier

Literally, "white beer," this Belgian wheat beer got its name because of its cloudy haze (it's actually straw-gold in color). The smooth mouthfeel, grainy flavor, and massive head retention of wheat malt meets dry and phenolic Belgian witbier yeast and the tart, enticing character of coriander and bitter orange peel – very complex and delicate. An appealingly crisp, dry, and refreshing alternative to generic warm-weather lawnmower beer.

and tonight I brewed what is supposed to be a clone of the Sam Adams Boston Lager. It should be ready in plenty of time for WF. I may also bring partial kegs of whatever else I have left of the four I am currently drinking from.

The bottles at the grocery here say "Brewed in Portsmouth, NH for Kona Brewing"

Maybe we get east coast beer.

I'm going to try the local bartender's university place, they always have oddball stuff in there and they're easier to deal with than the grocery store.

Not too surprising. If they already contract out brewing, another one isn't that much of a stretch.

I may have to pick up some local stuff if I make WF. My house doesn't lend itself to winter brewing like the rental did. I'll have to figure out something over the summer.

My shop works pretty well. No worries about a little mess on the floor. I boil near one large window with a fan in front of it, and open the glass block vent windows at the other end of the shop. I make sure the propane connections are tight, and I've positioned the CO detector in several places and not picked up anything.

I know Fat Tire was all the rage last year, for those out of the loop, you can buy it in Indiana now.

Surprised nobody's mentioned it yet, if anyone wants any let me know. Of course probably even Attica stores have it.

I know Fat Tire was all the rage last year, for those out of the loop, you can buy it in Indiana now.

Surprised nobody's mentioned it yet, if anyone wants any let me know. Of course probably even Attica stores have it.

we got it on draft here in many places...

mac 'its everywhere' gyvr

If your wife is a wine drinker, we can pick up Biltmore wine pretty much anywhere down here in the south.

Took the wife over to the winery today for wine tasting and came home with 9 bottles of wine.

Not my cup of tea, but if it loosens her up . . . :D

On a side note, all the grocery stores here in Asheville have fire rock, longboard and Kona's porter. I tried the fire rock, not a big fan. I like the longboard though. I've filled the Kona order :cheers:

Hey Josh, what does that wine run per bottle? Say one red and one white?

I would say sweet...not much of a wine coneseur but my in-laws are wine drinkers and I thought about getting them a few bottles for watching my boy while we are at WF. Let me check w/ them to see what they drink or have preference of.

I would say sweet...not much of a wine coneseur but my in-laws are wine drinkers and I thought about getting them a few bottles for watching my boy while we are at WF. Let me check w/ them to see what they drink or have preference of.

Check the biltmore website for descriptions. We did a tasting with one of the employee's yesterday and got a much better idea of what we did and didn't like.

We don't like the yuppie dry stuff. If they made wine like cherry koolaid, that would be the one we'd get.

I'll see if I can pick up some Rolling Rock.

And if anyone wants a wheat beer, Bloomington's Upland Brewery makes a good wheat beer. I can probably get a case of that as well.

Back