• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

decided to do shackle relocation, a friend had some pieces he made up but nevery used em, so i used em as i needed, everything is .25 plate, i also plated the old shackle boxes and plug welded it just for kicks. big reason for doing the relocation is i has limited down travel, like 2-3" and inverted shackles was garenteed, now i can easily max out the 12" shocks, also picked up some .75" rustys shackles from the NAC classifieds

00137.JPG

00228.JPG

00420.JPG

00610.JPG

hoping this week to pick up the steel to finish up rear floors aswell as get fuel cell mount welded in and get pieces to install the exhaust

changed plans for the exhaust, instead of the stupid 3" muffler and tail pipes i backed things down to 2.5" and also used a cherry bomb turbo that fairly compact its somthing like 7"x13" had one on my last jeep and it sounded good

00138.JPG

plan this evening is to go pick up sheetmetal to finish up floors tomorow

rear floors are done(minus bedlining and welding in fuel cell mount) there also all seam sealed(not pictured)

00525.JPG

00611.JPG

0107.JPG

rear floor is hurculined and fuel cell mount is in, still gotta weld on the straps but that will come at a later time. Also opened up the holes for the shocks a bit to be safe. Plan tomorow is to have it move under its own power

00140.JPG

00421.JPG

damn, I missed the break-in run.

Psh why do you need me to help move that turd across town?! Looks like its driving just fine! :D

Axles are finally geared

Front 5.38 gears, Lockrite Locker
60frt.jpg

Rear Axle 5.38 gears Full Spool
60_rear.jpg

axles should be put back together for the final time this week and bolted under the jeep for the final time, also ordered everything for my fuel system just got one fitting on backorder but i should beable to plumb it all

not to be outdone by ross with box colecting ive been getting alot of goodies, got almost everything for the fuel system(waiting on the 3/8 fuel line quick conect)
386669_2410246608552_1022830226_32782473_1714104253_n.jpg

Make sure you put 500 road miles on it first.

And don't fill it will gear lube, save the money and weight.

no you got it wrong, you drive it for 20 mins then you let it cool down for 20 mins, then you mash rev limiter up massive rock ledge

wrong again, if you don't spin tire right away, the gears will never seat correctly.

picked up a set of RJS 5pt harnesses, just using the lap belts at the moment till the jeep gets a full cage, the mounted with some pieces of plate i had laying around to the rocker legs and floor subframe

056.JPG

057.JPG

063.JPG

also got a rollover vent for the cell and installed that, hoping to get frt stiffners on tomorow and the frt axle assembled and in, then over the week get the fuel system in, but things never seem to go as planned, o well

frt 60 is in for the final time, had to grind down the 10 factory shafts like colin, drivers side is tight here and there but the more i turn it the looser it gets, just gotta tighten up some bolts and fab up some coil retainers and ill be done with it

00230.JPG

00422.JPG

tomorow i hopes to get the fuel system sorted out

Back