• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

pass seat mount is done, was a breeze compared to the drivers side since i had alot more room, just four 7/16 bolts welded to subframe

00226.JPG

00322.JPG

started stich welding the floor wich i hope to finish tomorow, im not even gonna bother with goals anymore since i dont get many done

made the rear crossmember tonight, its 2x4x.125, notched it for driveshaft clearence(not sure if it needed it or not but better to be safe the sorry

00133.JPG

00523.JPG

00419.JPG

got from the top of the new crossmember forward Hurculined, very happy with how it came out

1234.jpg

00134.JPG

Lookin real good Rob!

XXXXed on Race Day.

Looks good Rob, but I still say...the removable floor was the best thing I ever did on my XJ. :D

Props on gettin shit done though!

Looking back I prob should of made removable panels but this jeep is one big learning curve maybee next time. Thanks on the props

got lots o steel tonight
295565_2151997592488_1022830226_32542493_6381306_n.jpg

2 shock hoops made from 1.5x.120 hrew

more 1.5 hrew for bracing of the shock hoops

2x2x3/16 square tube for crossmember/traction bar mount and upper traction bar piece

2x2x.25 square for lower traction bar piece

and some plate to make a shackle

also got in tube incert and jam nut from clayton to go along with the johnny joint for the traction bar, now just waiting on the axle mounts from ruffstuff wich should be in tomorow wich i gotta GSD cuz im goin to the Indycar race on sun

Ive still havent gotten over the fact that i went to a Indycar race last weekend, it was a blast! now to jeep stuff, got a good bit of stuff done, traction bar is done, lower piece is 2x2x.25 upper and crossmember is 2x2x3/16, shock hoops are in as well as shocks, gonna add a crossbrace between the 2 as well ass braces that conect to the wheel well. also did up bumpstops, lower piece is 2x2x.25 with some .25 plate, upper piece is 2 pieces of 2x2x.125 and a daystar bump

00524.JPG

00810.JPG

0095.JPG

thats prob gonna be it for cool updates for while, working on getting a dd and other things have taken priority, maybee ill have it wheelable before snow hits

rear shock mounts are 100% done minus paint, braced between the 2 hoops aswell as to the wheel wells, the wheel wells i added 4x4x.125 plate to help spread the load im pretty happy with how it came out cept the flux welds on the pass side as i ran out of gas tonight

00811.JPG

0096.JPG

and cause someones been slacking on cat pics

0106.JPG

cat reguarly comes homes with gashes and claws stuck in his head, not of that shit phases him either

Back