• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I ordered a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks for the Grand. I sure hope they are as nice as everyone says.

If you don't like them, send them to me. I'll put them to good use.

I started my one ton swap.
a26c3db4f8e4e09419ac356b6bf8aadf.jpg
40c38e157f2c3e4c295933b65a1cda69.jpg

Finished up the trailer transfer. We had to park one of the 53' trailers we use to service the Bridgestone Plant and I got it. Glenn III and I built 4 2' x 8' selves that have 3 shelves each. We've been working on this for a couple weeks. Saturday we started moving parts from the old 48' to the new old trailer. Lennie came and helped Sunday too. Got it all done and moved the shelves out the old trailer too. So now I have about 24' of shelving with Jeep, Mercedes, and even some Ford stuff. I really need to have a fire sale..... lol!

Reid knuckle and high steering parts came in. Hopefully I'll start that next week. Spent all weekend at the Dixie gun and knife show. Came home with a Glock 42 and a Kahr CW9. I'm happy with the purchases. My fiance picked out the glock for her to practice with and hopefully get her CHL with it.

Hey Glenn, I didn't see the request for pics til just now... and it's been forever since I posted pics in here. You gots tha Instagram?

This past weekend is installed new fuel line clips on the 1988 XJ trail truck and it fired to life with no leaks. The gas is old but it ran pretty well. The poor girl has just sat in the shop for a year and a half. I need to give her some love and driver her some.

I also flushed the heater core on the Grand and used some CLR to help cleanse it. I got a lot of junk out of it and the wife reports that it blows nice and hot now. That is good news.

I do need to do door pins on the Grand soon though as the door latch location is starting to develop cracks. There is a reinforcement plate I need to get and also a set of door pins needed to solve the issue.

Finally got a new battery in the Jeep. It runs like a top now. After repairing my 1st tranny cooler line to the radiator, the second one is now leaking. I also found this gem while underneath. This will be fun to fix. Anyone have a welder and a free Saturday?

XMpii.jpg

Finally got a new battery in the Jeep. It runs like a top now. After repairing my 1st tranny cooler line to the radiator, the second one is now leaking. I also found this gem while underneath. This will be fun to fix. Anyone have a welder and a free Saturday?

XMpii.jpg

Uh Oh, Spaghetti-O's.

Does anyone make a patch for that area? Too bad the stiffeners for that area are just a flat plate.

No. I'll pick up some steel and fab up a patch for it. I don't own a welder and have never welded before. Should be a fun small learn to weld project right?

No. I'll pick up some steel and fab up a patch for it. I don't own a welder and have never welded before. Should be a fun small learn to weld project right?

It should be a good one. The metal in the rails is a little thicker than the floor pans and proved to be much easier to weld to. Clean it up good and use a weld thru primer and you should be good to go.

Even if I don’t accomplish anything for the rest of February, this will still go down as a the month that I drove a $400,000 car for the first time - a Rolls-Royce Phantom.

Well, I'm starting to think I paid too much for this XJ now. I keep finding problems. Now it won't stay in 4 lo and it has a heck of a time getting back to 2 hi. Hopefully just a linkage adjustment issue.

I started tearing it apart yesterday to get better access to the rear passenger side frame rail. I'll have to remove the gas tank heat shield. I should have had it off last night, however there are two studs that wouldn't budge. I've asked them nicely, now it's time to start cutting.

Next steps after that are to drop the tank, cut out the rust, clean it up, fab a patch, and weld that sucker in. Then I can focus on the other laundry list of things to fix.

Saturday I meet up with Spanky and took pictures of the giveaway trailer. Sunday I loaded up the Jeep and went up to Fletch, NC to Carolina Axle and Gear and have an old NAXJA friend set me up a new set of rear gears. I'm ready to wheel again! :yelclap: :gee:

Back