• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra fest prep - what do you need to do before SF2019?

If anybody wants free firewood to bring I have lots of dry, I'll be bringing some but can only get so much in the jeep. Located in Colfax.

looks like i need to replace my booster and master cylinder now too since the booster crapped out and the master is leaking into the booster. hopefully my big brake kit booster/master combo shows up in time

looks like i need to replace my booster and master cylinder now too since the booster crapped out and the master is leaking into the booster. hopefully my big brake kit booster/master combo shows up in time

damn ! well you've got time. Hopefully you can knock it out!

Worst case slap a junkyard booster and master or buy one off CL or FB.

worst case ill just drive up to camp with you guys and wheel my r/c xj lol. the factory booster and masters ive been using on my 96 xj haven't worked out, ive replaced them with new ones 3 times now and have still had crappy brakes since my axle swap so im done throwing money at the same parts that dont work.

Remove my shackle relocation kit and hooked my shackles back to the factory point. Thanks Jon for all the technical support.

Did a nut and bolt run through on everything so it is tightened up. Next I changed my fluids. Then a little Grease and I'm on my way to Sierra Fest.

Anybody heading from Highway 80 to 50 on 49 Sunday and want to Caravan?

Ill be going in monday morning at 6am from colfax skipper

worst case ill just drive up to camp with you guys and wheel my r/c xj lol. the factory booster and masters ive been using on my 96 xj haven't worked out, ive replaced them with new ones 3 times now and have still had crappy brakes since my axle swap so im done throwing money at the same parts that dont work.

Have you verified there are no leaks near the new axle ? What axle ? Discs?

Many of us will have open front seats

Oil changed Done. Inspection Done.
Need a johnny joint rebuild left front axle side on the 3 link. Still working on getting my new tool draw slide done, maybe....

Im still chasing ac issues.

draining front diff right now, going to try redline shockproof gear oil , slapped in a new glove box, figured out why the lighter wasn't working, now to chase down why the AC doesn't work. Ive also been working on the wagoneer a ton- new card, new cat, carb tuning, timing, new pcv, etc to get ready to pass smog since it failed two pretests with high HCs.

On the XJ - I got my rear suspension and front steering dialed in a while back with new FK RSMX heims on the tie rod and RE 5.5 leaves and boomerang shackles and its been pretty decent on the road but nowhere near where it was with the slider boxes as far as stability .

2cc6511f82f44169f17cda1b7dfe5765.jpg

Changing front diff fluid . Trying out redline shockproof. Stuff is blue. Going to try the heavy duty stuff in the 14 bolt next.
46b6625aea8ebb794248a43eb6373d9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finished the rear disc brake swap, but discovered a new issue with the front brakes that I won’t have time to address. So, as much as had wanted to make it to this event, it’s just going to happen this time around. I’ll shoot for next year.

well im hoping ill still be able to go up on Thursday. someone tried to steal the wheels on our truck and boat trailer yesterday while we were at the lake and must have only gotten around to loosening all of them, long story short the rear wheel on our truck came off as we were getting on the freeway and damaged the truck pretty bad.

well im hoping ill still be able to go up on Thursday. someone tried to steal the wheels on our truck and boat trailer yesterday while we were at the lake and must have only gotten around to loosening all of them, long story short the rear wheel on our truck came off as we were getting on the freeway and damaged the truck pretty bad.

Dude thats crazy! Hopefully you can get up man its been years !

yeah i hope so too. the jeep is road worthy but it always makes me hella nervous driving it that far, wheeling, and driving back home anymore, especially since i rarely drive it hasn't been drivin much since KOH

Just getting ready to leave and this popped up

fd23dddcafbe1b7c17e641f6cfdcb1c5.jpg

Any Reason why I can’t still come? I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back