• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25" axle shaft ???

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have the measurement (or can measure one) for the diameter of the "major " area of the c-clips? Not the c-clip pin diameter.
AXC52098902-4T.jpg

THX !

I found both 1.0" and 1.125" ID shims in .010"/.012" so I will order some of each. I might have to address the OD as they are both 1-5/8" and the spare c-clips I have measure 1.580".

I love that my town has a good gasket shop, if you can draw it, they can make a shim out of it in any thickness or material you want. They even sell scraps, so I can make my own shims from stock in the toolbox if I'm away from town.

For reducing the end play on my axles. Since my disc conversion (KJ), I want to reduce my pedal travel.

You could try, but they're really hard and I don't know how that would come into play with my locker fitment.

I'm surprised you have pedal travel from that, I'd expect the caliper slide pins to handle that. Maybe they need greasing or the bracket arms that the brake pads ride on are notched and the pads are binding so they can't slide?

I'm spoiled... I can have shims and brackets cut to my spec by the applications engineers at my work anytime I want if I buy the material. Working at a laser cutter manufacturer has its benefits :looney:

The pads and calipers are brand new. Whether you have "floating calipers" or "floating piston calipers" any kind of end-play eats brake travel. I'm spoiled because of being used to "race" brakes!

I have .015" on the Drivers side and .0135" on the passenger side.

Well I just dropped 300$ on EBC pads so I don't mind spending a couple bucks on shims and a hour of my time to make them work like "I" want!

Which ebc pads did you go with? Ebc rotors too I'm guessing?

How big of difference do you see in braking? I went with the black magic pads on my xj on 35's....feels like a stock xj braking. Just curious for comparison.

I went with the Yellowstuff pads, I was running the PS Z36's. The rotors are stock WJ's up front and drilled/slotted/cryo'd in the rear. I don't know anything yet as I'm still burning thru the "break-in coating".

My pics from Nov '16 don't work since the "photobucket" thing, but this is what I started with.......
P1080478_zpsubtwxyv0.jpg

P1080477_zpsufz4i2ya.jpg

P1080476_zpsqxsz0amm.jpg

EBC has some of the best pads out there that I have messed with. I have been wanting to try the black magic pads out tho. I have the cheapy duralast gold pads on the front now and braking sucks lol

Back