• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Box (The whole box)

lol, that ranger you are building is gonna be sick... it blows my mine how expensive parts are when they are just parts, but when you install them it seems like suddenly they lose all their value.

X1,000!!

No, I have a trade in the works. I'll update you next week if it works out. I don't wanna jinx it quite yet.

It best be a 4 letter word and have a 7 slot grille... or 9 if it's a military version and has flip around headlights!

Well, the trade went through and even thought I said I wouldn't drive anything but a Jeep I ended up with my first Toyota.

Its a 1973 FJ40 with TPI 5.7, D60 front 35spl arb, 9" rear detroit, th350 auto, STAK 3speed tcase, full cage, warn 8274 and 38's

Carl (flameredtj) and I took a road trip out to Nevada to do the swap, got to see a lot of the country. We're actually driving back through Utah right now. Earlier we took the Dodge 2500 out on the salt flats and did some doughnuts and made some passes.

We left weds at 6am and drove nonstop to Battle Mountain NV in 37ish hours. Probably not the smartest deal logistically but I like the rig and always wanted to take a trip cross-country. Really makes you realize how big the country really is.

Anyways, I'll make a pic thread when I get back home.

hawt! cant wait to see it dan! now you can really play on some big rocks... so when we goin wheelin...

..... and i dont care what anyone says, im not brand loyal at all, if its got four wheels and i can figure out a way to make it go i'll rock it ;)

edit: youve got a phone, walk outside and take a picture to post for us!

Thanks Doug, funny thing is I'm a Jeep only dude but this thing is about as close as it gets to a Jeep without being one. Plus there aren't really any Toyota parts on it besides the frame and body.

We're still driving right now so I'm actually posting from my phone. I'm not sure I can do pics from it since I would need photobucket. I'll give it a shot though.

Sounds nice. Can't wait to see it.

Thanks Mark.

Here's a cell phone pic from this morning.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MDEuanBn.jpg

Thanks Mark.

Here's a cell phone pic from this morning.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MDEuanBn.jpg

i think i just wet my pants a little bit.... thats a gorgeous rig Dan, sounds like its got all the right parts on the inside. you planning on wheeling it like its built to be wheeled?

Oh man!!! That looks ....can't find the words. Holy Crap!!!

THAT IS A SEXY BITCH!

found the words for you mark...

that is seriously awesome dude... the FJ40 is ONE of my altime favorites if done right, and that my friend is done right... what i dont get though is the fact that you drove out to nevada to pick this thing up and didnt swing by moab to test it out!!!!

andd i thought you were getting rid of the jeep because of money and no time to wheel... that thing better get wheeled now!

THAT IS A SEXY BITCH!

found the words for you mark...

that is seriously awesome dude... the FJ40 is ONE of my altime favorites if done right, and that my friend is done right... what i dont get though is the fact that you drove out to nevada to pick this thing up and didnt swing by moab to test it out!!!!

andd i thought you were getting rid of the jeep because of money and no time to wheel... that thing better get wheeled now!

it's rear engine right now. We were like 20 mins from
Moab and could have taken the box. Wish I could have brought mine :(

Hahaha thanks guys.

when I originally went to sell it I was going to use part of the money for an engagement and with the rest I was gonna pick up an old cj and beat it. Well I figured out the ring situation and always missed the open top from my old YJ. Plus I was jealous of all the fun you guys were having with the skinny pedal. I plan in keeping with my light foot style in the rocks but now I can stick my foot in it and not worry about it. Only catch with it is that he had an LS1 in it before and wanted $3K on the deal for it. He pulled that and traded straight up for the TPI, its got a spun rod bearing which needs to be fixed along with a couple loose ends. Got all the parts just needs the time. The motor is actually in the bed which is probably why its squating in the rear and sittin tall in the front. I can't wait to get it running though.

Hahaha thanks guys.

when I originally went to sell it I was going to use part of the money for an engagement and with the rest I was gonna pick up an old cj and beat it. Well I figured out the ring situation and always missed the open top from my old YJ. Plus I was jealous of all the fun you guys were having with the skinny pedal. I plan in keeping with my light foot style in the rocks but now I can stick my foot in it and not worry about it. Only catch with it is that he had an LS1 in it before and wanted $3K on the deal for it. He pulled that and traded straight up for the TPI, its got a spun rod bearing which needs to be fixed along with a couple loose ends. Got all the parts just needs the time. The motor is actually in the bed which is probably why its squating in the rear and sittin tall in the front. I can't wait to get it running though.

sweet, that sucker would be NASTY with an ls1, the tpi should be enough for you... if not theres a guy in knoxville with complete LM7 motors (gen3 5.3's) with all the goodies on the shelf for around 700

Go to youtube and search "aggro sluice" and you can see it with the LS1 and different body tub.

The guy was finishg up a rebuild on it when he went to sell it which is why it still has some odds and ends to finish. It sounded real good with that vette motor, woulda been nice if he would left it in there.

Back