• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Halfmoon Gulch - Mesquito Pass

xj-grin

NAXJA Member #1096
So, yeah, I actually went wheeling. :wave1: More camping and fire-roading than anything, really, since neither of these trails will do much to test your skills or vehicles, but the views were awesome, the kids had a blast, and so did I! :peace:

Full folder (unedited) here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oubc2rnc9fghlx1/LTT8IJ5jQh

Select pics, mostly up at the Champion Mill on the north fork of the Halfmoon Gulch trail:
DSCN5254.jpg

DSCN5253.jpg

DSCN5247.jpg

DSCN5248.jpg

DSCN5265.jpg

DSCN5281.jpg

DSCN5285.jpg

DSCN5269.jpg

Top of Mesquito -- holy shelf road, batman -- couple of sketch parts with the trailer in tow!:
DSCN5313.jpg

DSCN5314.jpg

DSCN5316.jpg

What happens to bottled beer when rattled on a rocky road at 13,000 feet... no broken bottles, no dislodged caps, just a bunch of pressure-emptied goodness. :tears:
DSCN5325.jpg

London Mine and Mill (Alma side of Mesquito):
DSCN5321.jpg

DSCN5322.jpg

Video -- road to Iron Mike mine crossing South Halfmoon Creek:

Happiness Rules!
DSCN5288.jpg

There was about 2 oz left in each bottle -- of course! I sampled the cooler-mix as I emptied it... Mike's hard lemonade and 90 shilling do not make an appealing combination. :puke:

well, I drank what was left of the beer in the bottles in the cooler, and I tasted the nasty beer/hard lemonade concoction that was IN the cooler... :dunno:

Mesquite is a tree.
Mosquito is an insect.

Mesquito an insect that lives in the tree?

its a smoky smelling bug with a pass named after it... quit grading my paper, gramps. ;)

Looks like a cool lil trip. That definitely brings the suck, hope there were enough other "refreshments" to keep ya sane

The beer toasted on the way home sunday going over mOsquito pass, so I didn't miss out on refreshments during our camping. :cheers:

LOL. Family camping my man -- you'll see someday! ;)

yeah, but 90 shilling doesn't come in cans!

Trailer is very functional, although currently not the prettiest "mini-RV" around...

We always set up a base camp and wheel from there, so yeah, we park it.

Back