• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeler Lake

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
On a mix up of mine, we decided to run Wheeler saturday and meet up with the trail clean group on sunday. Thats not how it panned out. Regardless, here is the stuff from wheeler. Lots more pics but I liked these ones. Jeep ran great. Need to trim the front bumper a bit as the tires snag it at full stuff. My new bracket is in the mail to lengthen the track bar, it works fine, but annoys me just enough to need to replace it. That with addition of hydro should make the rig feel a million times better.
The WK is my brothers. Budget boost, 285/75/16's open/open. He did great and aside from the wheel center caps drove home with only a few scrapes in some trim pieces.
TJ is locked front on 35's
Other XJ is locked f/r geared on waggy axles.

28149528641_17ca4112bf_b.jpg

28123213172_7ffe939cc5_b.jpg

27946361450_abf1cca642_b.jpg
28149529251_8402a6f057_b.jpg

27946361690_1f6628e810_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if i had maybe i wouldnt have dicked up my days too! sorry man. We definitely want to go back. That was the first time for all of us.

Looks a lot more rocky and rutted then I remember. Jeep looks good. I'm ready for tons.

made me think of a wee David spotting me on Wheeler... 2009 maybe??

It was also pretty dry on our trip aside from last hill. Only way we got my brother through. Wet woulda been no go.

Hell yeah looks great! Glad to hear the trail is open all the way to the lake.

Looking to maybe do my shoot there, since it's what spawned it all.

Lets plan on an Indy trip in August :D

I saw on CO4x4 it said you also met some not so great people?

I meant to add, Mike -- the rig looks totally killer. Silly-tonka-truck-big, but totally killer.

Yeah Justin let me know. I'm up for either :thumbup:

Yeah we met some folks who just wanted to trash talk my brother being up there in his wk. complaining we were having to spot him up the last big hill by the lake. And refused to work with us on getting folks around each other. He had plenty of room to move over and let the first two rigs by. And then our last two rigs could have moved for their group. But he wasn't having it. Something about typical jk rubi douche bag comes to mind.

Thanks Chris. I'm happy with it. I had to make some 'gives' on certain aspects to run the parts I wanted. So I ended up about 2" taller than I wanted. But it works well. So I can't really complain.

One of my favorites!! The last time I was on wheeler my brother and I raced up, 83 Toyota Mini vs. 00 Cherokee, it took us less than 30 minutes to get to the lake :gee:

Screw that. Full widths hit every damn rock in the between the bushes.

Yeah I know! I ripped my passenger rear shock mount clean off the body that day....... and it's only redneck fixed at the moment( riveted and tac welded) :D

Back