• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

must have been hard to surf the N for all you old fawkers back in the stone age :D

Hey everyone. Just a friendly reminder to check the tires on your tow rigs before each trip. I had one separate the tread from the carcass on the way to pick up my trailer last night. The truck went from the normal ride to shaking violently. could have been really bad if it was at highway speed with a fully loaded trailer. The age of the tires were unknown to me they were on the truck when I bought it 4 years ago. Sucks that I missed the crawling comp that I was planning to compete in but no bus loads of nuns were harmed and all tires on that truck have been replaced.

Hey everyone. Just a friendly reminder to check the tires on your tow rigs before each trip. I had one separate the tread from the carcass on the way to pick up my trailer last night. The truck went from the normal ride to shaking violently. could have been really bad if it was at highway speed with a fully loaded trailer. The age of the tires were unknown to me they were on the truck when I bought it 4 years ago. Sucks that I missed the crawling comp that I was planning to compete in but no bus loads of nuns were harmed and all tires on that truck have been replaced.

I had that happen to me on a 87 Ford F150 about five years ago. It was an original factory tire. I was on the free way running 70mph in the left lane when it came apart. Thankfully it didn't actually blow. but the carcass tore the plastic fender liner out and ripped up some of the main electrical harness that passes through the firewall which left me stranded along the side of the road. Got it towed home and borrowed a FSM from the local Ford dealer, and had it back on the road the next day.

You guys ever feel like Seth Green's Amish character in the movie Sex Drive?

Anonymous: Can you help me fix my Jeep?
Josh: Sure. -Fixes Jeep-
Anonymous: Thanks so much!
Josh: No problem.

A couple months later...same story. A couple months again, same story.

Anonymous: Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
Josh: -Thinks to his self- Yeah, your thanks is all the payment I need! Have a nice day! See you next time! Worthless ass...

Have fun.... The jeep in the driveway is from Michigan... Took me 7 hrs to do a leaf spring install on it
My first budget boost was supposed to take about 5 hours. Ended up having 30 man hours into it.

Use antiseize...the things nearly fall apart now.

I have come to the conclusion I am not a people person, cause there are too many tarded people in this world.

explaination needed. customer:I need brake pads
Me:NO, you need pads & rotors cause they are metal to metal
customer: nope only have money for pads
Me: just wanted to kick his a$$ out of my shop

Last edited:
I have come to the conclusion I am not a people person, cause there are too many tarded people in this world.

what part store do you work in? i've been in line with some pretty brilliant people in the part stores at ankeny. it always torques me off when im waiting in line to look up a part and some dummy in front of me wastes about 30 minutes because they don't know what year or engine they have..."umm, yeah. that looks like the right part"...makes me want to just knock them out.

I hate the parts guy who just has to tell you what you need.

If I want to change brake pads, sell me brake pads. I don't need the speech about what you think I need.

I do my shopping online, print out the cart then take it to the store. That way I get what I want and I don't have to spend 10 minutes telling them I have a '96 Jeep Cherokee Sport with a 4.0l six cylinder engine, automatic transmission and 4wd so that the guy can look up the part number for a headlight.

you cant make him spend money he doesnt have.

but id make it clear that just changing one will likely result in it being ruined very quickly, and both will need to be done again.

Drove a stick shift on the road for the first time today (rode motorcycles before on the road and moved cars on car lots that were sticks), I think all new drivers should have to learn to drive a stick. Of course, if you want a manual transmission now, it is an extra option now on new cars more then likely. Though I do wonder, after driving in the city a little bit, is a manual a bit of a pain on trails?

yes.

your clutch foot/leg gets tired.
you piss and moan about needing a third leg.
you start to smell burning clutch.
you start dumping it instead of letting it slip.
you fear your going to break something due to excessive wheel spin.
you recall last time out, you hypothesized about $20 worth of bike parts for a hand throttle.
you realize... "im the only one with a stick even out here. badass."
(that last one may not be true at big events like WF)

i wouldnt have it any other way.

Back