• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

If you haven't already, check out http://bmv.in.gov/. You can renew plates online and they'll just mail you the registration and plate sticker, I only physically go there when I get a new vehicle (so about once a month, it feels like).

Also you can check branch wait times, if I'm at work I'll periodically check it until it says "less than 5 minutes" and then run over there quick.

I do appointments online. So I haven't been there more than 15 mins for a while. I am there enough that I have my own coffee cup.

mac 'spent enough to have bought a couple for sure' gyvr

I been pretty good about getting there with min. wait times up until last Friday. Since my address on my license wasn't updated, I couldn't get my gun until I had a correct address. After going to the county annex to get a copy of my birth certificate (cause that was easier then finding my original one), then back home to get a bank statement, and a bill. I got to the BMV around 2pm. An hour later (40 minutes of sitting) I was out the door. I wanted to make sure they got my motorcycle endorsement on there as I have heard stories of them forgetting it. Then you have to take the test again because of their mistake. I figure it won't be long they will be requiring a blood sample for dna to get a license.

I will try to renew my plates online this time, I know I will be getting new plates anyway. I love the design of the new "In God We Trust" plates.

Showed up at 830 for an 845 appointment and saw the ultrasound tech at 945 for a 5 minute photo shoot.

Red 'Navy medicine' heep

We had about a 10 minute photo shoot.

Got there at 1115 for 1130. Finally saw tech at 1220. Out the door by 1230.

mac 'not just the navy' gyvr

Showed up at 830 for an 845 appointment and saw the ultrasound tech at 945 for a 5 minute photo shoot.

Red 'Navy medicine' heep

It's not just the Navy. I refuse to go with my wife when she takes my son in for anything, the shortest she has ever waited (even with an apt) is an hour.

Drs just don't care enough to be on time.

It's not just the Navy. I refuse to go with my wife when she takes my son in for anything, the shortest she has ever waited (even with an apt) is an hour.

Shoot these aren't even drs...

mac 'just an ultrasound tech' gyvr

I don't know what's wrong with the docs you're seeing. I've always been in and out with the exception of Harrison's eye first appt. Even his ultrasounds were in and out.

I have said it before, if I am not beeing seen by the doctor 20 mins after my appointment, I leave.
If they send me a bill anyway I dispute it, I have never paid one yet....
They are not the only ones who have to keep a scedual.

Ever since I have been going to UW Hospital, I have never waited like that.
Last time I went to my dermatologist, I was done and out the door before my the time of appointment was s'posed to be!

I would think that the actual use it would be intended/used for, both items would do you great Craig. Go with $450 cash in your pocket and see if he will haggle..and keep an extra $50 in the other pocket.

Cheese "played the double pocket game a lot, and it typically works" Man

Red 'Navy medicine' heep
i never really had an issue living in Va.

boone clinic at the little creek base was always a FPITA without an appointment, but portsmouth naval wasnt an issue. hell, i was born there. and i went there pretty regularly for broken bones. the surgeons ended up knowing me by name (not sure if i should be proud of that). one thing i noticed about military bases is that they arent afraid to run as many tests needed to get a definitive answer.

i bumped my head pretty hard one time, and ended up passing out about 10-20 minutes later. scared the poop out of my friends, so we decided to make a hospital visit. went to the local public hospital whatever thing... told the nurse what happened, and she said they would likely scan my head because i blacked out just to be safe. sounds good. the doctor spent 5 minutes looking at me, came back 45 minutes later and diagnosed me with "an abrasion of the outer dermal layer."

MOTHER F'ER! i KNOW i scraped my head a little. i could tell you that. if i go to sleep tonight and dont wake up tomorrow its your ass. at that point i was ready to leave anyway. 6 months later i get a letter from them, "we are sorry your wait was so long, here is a "one free movie ticket" for compensation." really? lol. id rather go to a military doctor.

it has got to be a pretty demanding job. i know no one in the health care field. i wonder what a doctors job completely entails. i would like to think that they are always late because they are super busy, but idk if that is safe to assume in todays world. lol.

regardless, that job seems like it would be so depressing. not for me.

I would think that the actual use it would be intended/used for, both items would do you great Craig. Go with $450 cash in your pocket and see if he will haggle..and keep an extra $50 in the other pocket.

Cheese "played the double pocket game a lot, and it typically works" Man
i like that game, and it is effective. throw $400 on the table and say "four hundo cash moneys, right meow."

another thing ive found, pull it in 20s, not 100s. even though its the same amount, simpler minds can be persuaded once they have been showed a wad of money. its like giving a boob to a baby, bigger ones catch their eye.

Last edited:
Gotta help my buddy change his leaf springs.........(*&^ me, this is not gonna be fun. Pretty sure they broke both weld nuts off.

You know in June, it will be ten years since we've been on this new forum format.

I wonder how many remember the old thread style...

I found this site tonight that brought back some memories...

click me

I'm sure its actually saved somewhere in NAXJA land, but thats the way things used to be...

mac 'to think i rarely visit non-tech anymore' gyvr

Sure doesn't seem like 10 years... I remember the old format. I guess I will have to go look up when I bought my first XJ. I didn't stop being a freeloader until '04, mostly cause I wasn't sure I wanted to support an organization with some of the personalities that were around back then.

w 'hasn't been out of the MWC in over a year' howey

Back