• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Crazy Aussies!

Anchorman 2....that is all.

I ordered some 3.5" RE coils from Serious Offroad yesterday. Within 10 min I got a call from them to let me know that they wont be able to ship them to me until April 4th when they get restocked. Thats the first time a vendor has called me to inform me that it will be a few extra days, usually I'm making calls hoping I didn't get ripped off :)

dealing with a co-work named Steve to go look at a jeep he owns up in Woodstock IL. took about 5 months, deciding i want it and towing it to my job with his truck and trailer took about 2 months, deciding i would rather work on it in my garage so towing it home with same truck and trailer another 2 months later with out it getting home.

asked my boss tuesday at 2:30 in the afternoon if i could barrow his trailer and by 6:45 Wednesday he help me push it in my garage.

DSCN0595-1.jpg

its better than it may look. build thread to start as soon as i start building.

Holy trans/oil cooler, Batman! Looks like that driver's side knuckle or axle ears need some work... That's some serious track handling camber!

Thanks to being married, Uncle Sam took a bit more than he should've last year. So we get to enjoy that little extra with something to get around in at the racing competition sites and pits and campgrounds.

I picked this up today. Its gas powered. It had a 4 inch lift and knobby tires. It already has the rear seats and lights. I got a pretty good deal on it I think...tho I have bought a few XJs for less :)

Plus it will allow a prego wife to get around too...this is the baby jeep replacement.

Its not a polaris ranger or a rzr...but I'm not a poor farmer...

BUT...I still need to sell the baby jeep...

bfdbe894.jpg

aaa94352.jpg

mac 'sorry for the crappy pics, I was on a time crunch' gyvr

i see youve really downgraded trailers mac ;)

That's my junkiest utility trailer. Its nice cause it has a low load height...I didn't want to drive the cart up into the bed of the truck on sketchy ramps...The car trailer works too but the drop out in the middle makes for sometimes difficult loading of narrower things.

That trailer was rescued from going to the dump several years ago. Every year I tell myself I'm going to redo it...till I realize how much $$ and time its going to take...so it continues to rot away...

mac 'it is ugly' gyvr

I wish I made enough from my farm to pay for the Ranger, it was bought with proceeds from the International and some savings.....farms barely pay for themself after we adsorb all of our labor and repairs. 1 in 10 years are the home run years on average, the others are average or below. And no, it is not a "write off" item either...I get so sick of the bullshit people think they know about write offs pertaining to farms or any business...shit is not free at all...

Cheese "poor farmer w/o a 48' trailer and newer dually :D" Man

Regardless of it being a ranger or RZR you can still take it off some sweet jumps :D

Cheese "poor farmer w/o a 48' trailer and newer dually :D" Man

Heh I was waiting for that...just remember my newer truck has a ton of miles on it...

mac 'not quite 200k tho' gyvr

I am chugging in at just under 220K on the 7.3...about due for an oil change now that I think about it.

Cheese "would own your truck for the price you paid too!" Man

And 1 year in 10 plan on making nothing.

Right now, I'm not sure if there's going to be any fruit of any sort in Michigan. There are still probably 4 weeks left where we'd normally get frost overnight. My brother's sweet cherries were already starting to swell buds 10 days ago. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the entire fruit crop is wiped out this year.

We have no mosquitos right now because they all hatched a few days ago and then got frozen in the last few nights. We're supposed to get snow Friday... I can only imagine what this is going to do to local farmers.

I'm fine with no mosquitos but I'm pretty sure the small birds and bats aren't.

Back