• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air bags

rmonte4812

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 98 with air bags. Should I disconnect them when I go wheelin? If so how and is there and worry of them going off while disconnecting or reconnecting them?:gee:

I have a 98 as well, and I was wondering the same thing. I seached the forums and it looks to me like, from what I found, that there are no connections at the bumpers, which is what I was worried about. It looks like the mechanism is somewhere under the center console or the seat. It seems that everyone seems to think that if you do anything that would activate the air bags, then you'll need them to.

Do a search in the forums for Air bags, and there will be plenty of info and opinions about this.

No, leave them alone.

They are designed to deploy only when needed. Yes, extremely rarely, a short circuit in the system has deployed the airbags when not needed, but usually this involved flooding the passenger compartment with water before the deployment.

Back