• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air bags?

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
What do most people do with their air bags? I don't want mine, but don't have any experience with them besides them going off.(not all that fun).

You can remove them but the MIL(air bag) light will always stay on. Its not that difficult but be sure to remove the battery and wait 30min first if you dont and pull the plug and it spikes or just is in a pissy mood it will blow and you won't be too happy:skull2: . You can remove the sensors to if you need to know where they are i can tell you. Then if you don't need them laythem on something hard and put like a garbage can over it and it will shoot about 20 to 30 feet in the air!:D

the firing mechanisms can store a charge, kill the battery, wait a while 30 minutes should be a safe time, just to be sure there is no residual power in the lines. Then you can go about removing it. the driver's airbag can blow out 10-12 inches and the passenger about 15 inches, don't screw with them while you are directly in front of it, they can and will kill you.
See youtube for things to do with them after you remove them. Both sides I believe are electrically fired, post back if you find that to be untrue.

Back