• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rolled the Jeep in Calico

So my oldest wanted to go work on the Jeep today with me so we headed up to Johns this afternoon. I managed to get most of the rain water vacuumed out of the carpet. Then we set to removing the broken windshield. This is the one part my daughter really wanted to help do. So she at in the Jeep and pushed with her feet while I cut the windshield rubber/glue out from around it. Now that it's out the damage doesn't look so bad.
f7b3d64f1976e192a4b1e4003ae60d13.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Straighten it out enough to throw a windshield in it, call it good :D

Did you get that Jeep a nice tarp?

I swear it seems like it will never stop raining. I have a yard to landscape and I can't get it dried out enough to work on it. I better not hear anything about a drought this year.

So we got a little work in on the roof line before I brought it back down to HB it's a little more headroom but the passenger A pillar I think might be too far in to fix. Gonna have to play with it some more while I think of other options.

On another note however I did get to go pick up that '99 from AZ with the help of Mark (sidewaysstarion). We took JohnX trailer and drove out Saturday morning. Got back last night.
b5d1dbe3d48398752fddf8049ca48abb.jpg
8fb0ac00d8d401535b2a363c134752af.jpg
ea381021ac6aa23ac61d2c169c04c77f.jpg
0c7ddfe32d8ecfec80cf3fbd92ffc10e.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I recognize that truck! Looking better still. Keeping it in the (extended) family.

Funny, I have a friend in Tucson looking for an XJ. He might have really liked that one. Never saw it in the listings he was looking at.

Very cool on Mark and John for lending out parts and persons.

David Bricker / SYR

Glad that everyone walked away. I also rolled mine. Last summer at the Cherokee Crawl. The damage and fix looks very similar. Like you, not sure if I can salvage the A-pillar to get a windshield back in it. I've gotten as far as I could with the porta-puller. Good luck. I'll be following your progress.

43215415462_640373cca9_z.jpg

44775569404_e8bf14e0f0_z.jpg

So what's next if the wheels axles and drivetrain are still good? Chop off the top? Frames stiffeners and cage it?

Back