• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Campground Reservation Thread

Yeah, way worse then a hotel room at 60 - 100$ per night X2 rooms would be. :rolleyes:

BTW, it should be just my wife and I but if I need to bring the kid whats the rate for a 3yr old?

That is the cheapest we have gotten for camp sites in years. In Ouray, a room runs $150 a night and up.

Hey Guys,

New to the forum, but I know NAXJA very well through my bro who is a member (jeepfreak1020). We have never been to CO fest, but we are planning on coming down this year. Like Chad mentioned up above, the KOA camp rate is steep for that long of a trip.

Zluster mentioned earlier about some national forest camping. My family and I have gone to the Ouray/Silverton/Lake City area for the past 4 years and have always camped in the forest for free. This is the route I would like to take for this trip as well. I don't have anything against camping in the KOA grounds, I just simply can't afford that price on top of gas and food.

Like I said before, we have never been to COfest, but I assume this will not be a problem. Correct?

It's not a problem. Some of the best memories of our get togethers are around the campfire at night.

Hey Guys,

New to the forum, but I know NAXJA very well through my bro who is a member (jeepfreak1020). We have never been to CO fest, but we are planning on coming down this year. Like Chad mentioned up above, the KOA camp rate is steep for that long of a trip.

Zluster mentioned earlier about some national forest camping. My family and I have gone to the Ouray/Silverton/Lake City area for the past 4 years and have always camped in the forest for free. This is the route I would like to take for this trip as well. I don't have anything against camping in the KOA grounds, I just simply can't afford that price on top of gas and food.

Like I said before, we have never been to COfest, but I assume this will not be a problem. Correct?

Zluster mentioned earlier about some national forest camping. My family and I have gone to the Ouray/Silverton/Lake City area for the past 4 years and have always camped in the forest for free. This is the route I would like to take for this trip as well.

Yes, I like being able to make as much noise and have fun without neighbors nearby, and conversely not to have noisy neighbors, so the national forest is about perfect for that.

Downside is that its further to the hot springs.

Yes, I like being able to make as much noise and have fun without neighbors nearby, and conversely not to have noisy neighbors, so the national forest is about perfect for that.

Downside is that its further to the hot springs.

I completely agree with you about noise! And 20 extra mins or so is no big deal. Let me know if you want to join us at our camp. I know of some great spots in the area.

I completely agree with you about noise! And 20 extra mins or so is no big deal. Let me know if you want to join us at our camp. I know of some great spots in the area.

Thanks for the offer, but I will not be in ouray during this time, you guys will just have to have all the fin without me.

I am also new to the Forum and plan on attending the Ouray trip. Unfortunatly I just now saw this posting about having sites set aside at the KOA. I made a reservation on my own a few days ago. Hope thats ok as well.

Not a problem. If you want to be close to the NAXJA crowd, you may want to call them and check the location of your site.

i'm hoping there is room for my tow rig and trailer at my site. not to mention whatever the other people at my site have.

Put me down for a spot, 2 adults and 1 nine year old!

Last edited:
Got my RV site # 59 for the week.

Hi, this is John from Holland, Michigan. Sandy and I are planning on making the 1,500 mile trip from Holland to Colorado this year. Hoping that gas stays under $4.00 a gallon so we can make the 3,000 mile round trip for around $1,200 in fuel cost. We really want to come and see some old faces and meet some new ones:D. Set us up for one tent site. You can put us up with the animal (Brad and Roda Green) or next to Troy and Shari(Yellaheep). Planning on a great week of wheeling with you all. I don't think we have been out to Colorado since 2007. I know we made it to Moab in 2008.

John B.

Hi, this is John from Holland, Michigan. Sandy and I are planning on making the 1,500 mile trip from Holland to Colorado this year. Hoping that gas stays under $4.00 a gallon so we can make the 3,000 mile round trip for around $1,200 in fuel cost. We really want to come and see some old faces and meet some new ones:D. Set us up for one tent site. You can put us up with the animal (Brad and Roda Green) or next to Troy and Shari(Yellaheep). Planning on a great week of wheeling with you all. I don't think we have been out to Colorado since 2007. I know we made it to Moab in 2008.

John B.
Gas is running around $3.68 a gallon around here and they are predicting
a 50 cent drop by the end of July.

Back