• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SierraFest Rubicon Trip Report

Rubicon2011022.jpg

Rubicon2011023.jpg

Rubicon2011024.jpg

Rubicon2011025.jpg

Rubicon2011026.jpg

Rubicon2011027.jpg

Rubicon2011028.jpg

Rubicon2011029.jpg

Rubicon2011030.jpg

Rubicon2011031.jpg

Rubicon2011032.jpg

Rubicon2011033.jpg

Rubicon2011034.jpg

Rubicon2011035.jpg

wow, great pics everyone. just so i have an idea what it will take to make it all the way like you did what kind of lift/tires are needed to make it? i already assume at least 1 locker, sliders, tow points and possibly a winch, im just curious, high roads considered, what would i need to make this adventure?

wow, great pics everyone. just so i have an idea what it will take to make it all the way like you did what kind of lift/tires are needed to make it? i already assume at least 1 locker, sliders, tow points and possibly a winch, im just curious, high roads considered, what would i need to make this adventure?

We had a guy in our group last year make it on 31's. I believe he was locked though.

33's, 3-4 inch lift, and a single locker should be sufficient. Tow points of course. Sliders, gas tank skid, and a belly skid or at least T-case skid would be wise too. I wouldn't be comfortable on stock steering unless I had a spare or two.

I finally got my pics off my camera and onto my computer.

Only 10 months ahead of Phil.

But I'm going wheeling this weekend, and wont be able to waste enough time at work and post them till Monday.

Mike, cool pics! The NAXJA/Jazzy one is a keeper.

Looking at those pics makes me want to go back!

I want to go back!

OPIE POST THEM PHOTOS!!!

Anyone get a shot of my Jeep or Opie's Jeep on the high line coming down Old Sluice? (a photo of mine would be better!!!!)

Also how is Jazzy's feet, all better? That is a great dog you have.

We had a guy in our group last year make it on 31's. I believe he was locked though.

33's, 3-4 inch lift, and a single locker should be sufficient. Tow points of course. Sliders, gas tank skid, and a belly skid or at least T-case skid would be wise too. I wouldn't be comfortable on stock steering unless I had a spare or two.

Thanks alot ocean_jet. I have a stock metal gas tank skid and t/c skid, should have bumpers by tax season. Guess it's time to make sliders and get something better than a d35 w/a limited slip. I hope to make it next year. The scenery is amazing! Hope jazzy feels better soon!!

Let's keep this going until the next run.
Dave and Bryan having a beer during a midnight exploration on the slabs.
IMG_3448.jpg

Tony and Art making there was toward camp.
IMG_3690.jpg

Eric navigating Big Sluice.
IMG_3758.jpg

Mike wheel'n.
IMG_3869-1.jpg

Art at Big Sluice.
IMG_3771-1.jpg

Eric going through?
IMG_3821-1.jpg

Top of the slabs.
IMG_3491.jpg

Bryan headed to the top.
IMG_3493.jpg

I was telling one or some of you about the box back in 2005, I found the one video I was talking about, the video sucks, night time, my shaky hands don't help much, and it is VERY hard to see what is going on. But he is stuck in the beginning of the video, just past the pivot rock, the best part is near the end when he drives up the wall and flops it hard:

Also the Old Sluice Box from 2005:

I was telling one or some of you about the box back in 2005, I found the one video I was talking about, the video sucks, night time, my shaky hands don't help much, and it is VERY hard to see what is going on. But he is stuck in the beginning of the video, just past the pivot rock, the best part is near the end when he drives up the wall and flops it hard:

Also the Old Sluice Box from 2005:

The end of the box video makes me laugh. The guy can barely stand up.

Oh the memories. That video really shows the difference between the wheelbase on a TJ vs an XJ.

:cheers:

Wow, talk about herky jerky driving. Did those guys in the TJs after that retard in the red XJ have low range?!? Good lord.

I think most had 4:56 with 33's, that black one was on 37's with 4:56 and a 4.3:1 Atlas but I think he was in second, and that white one was with 3:73's on 33's and the stock t-case.

You should remember that day very well Jes, you met Purple Pete and helped get him a Helo-flite to a hospital that day.

Back