• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting Out a 1997 Cherokee and some 1986 XJ/MJ Parts

if u still have some of the interior stuff i might give ya a buzz when i am in atlanta and come out and get the stuff in person...

I got dibs on A/C compressor. I can come get it Sat sometime. Let me know directions. Also, if axle sale falls through I will get it also. I want to upgrade my 27spline to a 29spline.

You tell me. Either This Saturday or Next. I got a lot to tear apart, but the people who need parts first ill break down first.. Next Saturday would be best unless you need it tomorrow.

Maybe I missed it, but how many miles does the engine have on it? Oh, next Saturday is fine. Just so you know (and maybe you already do), you'll be doing yourself a big favor to remove the radiator support (sawzall or other means), and pulling the engine & trans together. The top two bolts on the bellhousing are external Torx bolts, and are a huge pain to get to when the engine/trans are mounted in place in the Jeep.

Last edited:
Georgia Mike said:
Maybe I missed it, but how many miles does the engine have on it? Oh, next Saturday is fine. Just so you know (and maybe you already do), you'll be doing yourself a big favor to remove the radiator support (sawzall or other means), and pulling the engine & trans together. The top two bolts on the bellhousing are external Torx bolts, and are a huge pain to get to when the engine/trans are mounted in place in the Jeep.

Ya been there, done that.. Ive dropped a few XJ trannys. It will be coming out together since im tearing the front end apart anyway.. 149k on the motor. I will have it on a hoist next saturday.. w/o a tranny behind it.

the accumulator is the radiator-ish part right? If so i have that and the lines/dryer, I still have all of it. I would sell it all for $60 + ship. Shipping would probably run $20-25

the radiator thing is the condenser, i dont need that. I need all the lines to the condenser, all the way to the pump, and to the firewall.
I have a new condenser, and the compressor is still on the motor, but everything else is gone on my 97. It got wrecked and the guy hacked the lines up, and I love a/c when its hot. If u have any ?'s, hit me back. Thanks again.
Jared

chopperpaintin said:
the radiator thing is the condenser, i dont need that. I need all the lines to the condenser, all the way to the pump, and to the firewall.
I have a new condenser, and the compressor is still on the motor, but everything else is gone on my 97. It got wrecked and the guy hacked the lines up, and I love a/c when its hot. If u have any ?'s, hit me back. Thanks again.
Jared

$50 shipped for the lines/dryer.

Jeeps in question... (before tearing them apart)

side1.jpg

manche03.jpg

ya the 97. how much would you sell the whole exhaust system thats including the manifold, 02 sensors, cat, muff and piping?

I decided to keep the cat, it looked fairly new and my MJ needs to pass emissions. The muffler is a factory one, nothing special and the piping behind the muffler is bent. Im not sure any left of the exhaust system is worth anything. When i pull the motor next weekend ill look at the exhaust manifold and see if its cracked. I have a feeling it is.

Back