• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF! This is crazy!

Excuse me, but have you been here all day?

What?

Were you working here at about four o'clock?

I've been here since six o'clock this morning. Why?

Can I have your name please?

Dante Hicks. Why? What is this about?

Here you go.

What's this?

A fine, for five hundred dollars.

WHAT?

For violation of New Jersey Statute Section Two A, number one-seventy slash fifty-one: Any person who sells or makes available tobacco or tobacco-related products to persons under the age of eighteen is regarded as disorderly.

What are you talking about?

According to the NJAC-the New Jersey Administrative Code, section eighteen, five, slash twelve point five-a fine of no less than two hundred and fifty dollars is to be leveled against any person reported selling cigarettes to a minor.

I didn't do that!

You said you were here all day?

Yeah, but I didn't sell cigarettes to any kids!

An angry mother called the state division of taxation and complained that the man working at Quick Stop Convenience sold her five-year-old daughter cigarettes today at around four o'clock. Division of taxation calls the State Board of Health, and they send me down here to issue a fine. You say you were working all day, hence the fine is yours. It's doubled due to the incredibly young age of the child.

But I didn't sell cigarettes to any kid!

The due date is on the bottom. This summons cannot be contested in any court of law. Failure to remit before the due date will result in a charge of criminal negligence, and a warrant will be issued for your arrest. Have a nice day.

But I didn't sell cigarettes to any kids! Hey!

:D:D:D :smoker: :D:D:D

I remember way back when I was in 3rd grade there was a kid at the bus stop that was smoking when he was in 1st grade!!! But of course his parents were dead beats and his 6th grade sister was supplying him with the smokes!

Back