• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Overland

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I scooped this up today, saw it last night in a random search after talking to Lopez about the old WK. Replacing the convertible has been on our list for a while, just not a high priority. I could not pass this one up though, 2008 Overland, 5.7 Hemi, 63k, one owner from Boulder, non-smoker, traded it in for a new CRV. This thing is as about as close to mint as you could get for a normal use used vehicle. My one complaint about the S Limited was the two tone cream and black interior. I specifically wanted the black/brown interior so that constrained the search to 2008-2009 Overlands. Near to mid term plans are daily driver status. Longterm is going to be something similar to what we had before but with hopefully a mid travel suspension setup and 35's instead of 37s. This is all WAY down the road though. We will make that move when it makes sense to have another toy.

20180328160520-e9f26c75.jpg

20180328160520-0ba53d32.jpg

20180328160520-af66cc3b.jpg

20180328160519-920e11c3.jpg

20180328160520-8f0954c0.jpg

20180328160520-9eb704dd.jpg

I do plan to dechrome it a bit. I will replace the door handles, grille, luggage rack and rear hatch trim. However, I will retain the door molding, window molding, and the bumper pieces. My last one was pretty much monochrome and I think it was too much. Last rig was Inferno Red and this one is Red Rock. I already snatched up a few handles from Ebay since they can be difficult to find. The grille can still be had new from Jeep. The rear hatch trim will be a challenge too as it has the rear camera built in, so I will need one with that feature.

20180328185408-70a1c251-xl.jpg

20180328185720-005f57f5-xl.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. Very minty! Nice find!

Very nice!
Been kicking around the idea of replacing my XJ with one.

First broken part. HVAC started making a terrible grinding noise when turned on. The usual culprit is the gear that controls the recirc flap. The gear has a void in the middle and they like to fatigue and snap over time. The revised part is solid, no void. Turns out that wasn't it though. It was the actuator motor that move the gear. I saw an internal gear was missing a few teeth after I pulled it apart. Fun space to work in. I ended up reclining the seat all the way, laying on my back with my shoulders stuffed into the floorboard. Back together and running for $65 though, I swapped in the revised gear as well since I had it apart.

20180715211059-504fdde2-xl.jpg

20180715211102-d895d00a-xl.jpg

First broken part. HVAC started making a terrible grinding noise when turned on. The usual culprit is the gear that controls the recirc flap. The gear has a void in the middle and they like to fatigue and snap over time. The revised part is solid, no void. Turns out that wasn't it though. It was the actuator motor that move the gear. I saw an internal gear was missing a few teeth after I pulled it apart. Fun space to work in. I ended up reclining the seat all the way, laying on my back with my shoulders stuffed into the floorboard. Back together and running for $65 though, I swapped in the revised gear as well since I had it apart.

Just had this same issue with my wife's Impala.

Addressing something I have been avoiding for about 2 years. The Hemi has the typical broken exhaust manifold bolts. Not sure how many are broken on the drivers side. Also the manifolds love to warp if you do not fix the issue right away. So I erred on the side of caution and just picked up a new log. The parts diagram on the website was not correct so I got the wrong collector nuts. I'll probably have to go grab those from Larry H Miller (my nemesis). This job is a nightmare, wish me luck.

i.php

Last edited:
Zero envy here.......

Best of luck! :thumbup:

We are on look out for a parted hemi with qdII so we can pull diffs, tcase motor, and wiring for brothers ride.

Wow...... quite the pretty, shiny Audi grouping you've got now.

I honestly don't know that I've seen one of these on the road.... didn't know they existed.

Yeah, WK is gone. Sent it down Mike's way to live a new life. Tired of working on shit to that degree that is a daily driver. Trying to replace the manifold on a Hemi is a joke.

2013 Q7 TDI Prestige, 26k miles, 5 year warranty.

20191226200511-28a10a3f-xl.jpg

Yep grabbing it from folks over new year's as we are meeting at the hot springs for a couple days. Be interesting driving it back.
Brian said oh I'll just do headers. I laughed as he looked at the price lmfao. He'll be doing the manifold.

Back