• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I'm planning on making WF this year. Won't have the Jeep, but that won't stop me from being a mooch and bumming rides from people :)

uncc 'round trip flight to Indy will only cost me $12' 99xj

Re: Re: Important

I'm planning on making WF this year. Won't have the Jeep, but that won't stop me from being a mooch and bumming rides from people :)

Would be nice to get flights that cheap

Would be nice to get flights that cheap

I fly minimum once a week for work, all over the country. Racked up some miles quick. Was Silver Preferred status with US Air in September, and just hit Platinum Preferred last weekend. Blew right through Gold Preferred in just under two months. That's a 25,000 mile gap between Silver and Platinum. The flight is free and now that i'm Platinum they wave the "awards processing fees" to book the ticket. Only thing that's left to pay is the tax.

uncc '5 trips to California and back in the last two weeks' 99xj

Yea true you ate always flying somewhere. Don't know if I could do that much flying all the time

It has good and bad days. Sometimes I don't mind it, but others I really do. Especially if i'm in the middle of a period where I really haven't been home in weeks...then my patience for people and flying tend to be crap.

There's one customer in particular (PG&E in CA) that loves to do weekend work. I'm the one that tends to do the most field work for them which means I have to sacrifice a lot of my weekends. I eventually get them back though. For example i'm taking tomorrow and Monday off for having to work two weekends ago. And I still have one more day to use in the next couple weeks for having to work this past Sunday.

It Especially if i'm in the middle of a period where I really haven't been home in weeks...then my patience for people and flying tend to be crap.

Qft...I'm home for 3 days starting tomorrow then gone till around thanksgiving. I'm glad I won't have to fix airport crowds though...my drive is pretty laid back once I get out of new jersey

Qft...I'm home for 3 days starting tomorrow then gone till around thanksgiving. I'm glad I won't have to fix airport crowds though...my drive is pretty laid back once I get out of new jersey

Sometimes I wish I drove more than flew. Little bit more control in scheduling than dealing with airplanes.

10 minute delay on a flight snowballs out of control in a damn hurry...

Yep...when we lived in Iowa I flew all the time. Now since we are only 6 hours from nyc and 8 from Chicago, I would much rather drive then get stuck somewhere between connections

I used to travel every week. Loved it then. Would hate to do it now (like my family too much)
Same here...didn't mind it when I was single or when Melissa and I were dating. I just want to be home now...I've been working on trying to find more work closer to home, or even a full time gig. I actually applied for a job I really wanted that paid well with benefits...never got a call back, even after following up twice. I was brokenhearted...especially since it was a video/ av tech job

I doubt it...

Wrong answer, try again.

Must have been cheaper than the Ft. Wayne to Charlotte direct flights...or a different airline.

I get a weekend off without taking time, every six weeks...

mac 'and I fly as little as possible' gyvr

I used to travel every week. Loved it then. Would hate to do it now (like my family too much)

Single man with no kids, hence why i'm trying to get all this travel out of my system now.

Plus getting ideas of sights to bring a future family to when that time comes.

Back