• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper mounts, d-ring tabs, DIY parts are HERE!

So how long are the D-ring mounts? They say they're big enough for a 2" bumper...but do they go through the bumper?

~Scott

Yes they go all the way through and leave a good 1". They measure 5" from center of the hole to the end.

Good enough, I'll probably be ordering some soon. Thanks!

~Scott

The sale is over, thanks everyone for your orders. I'll charge you the lower price since I didn't post it up here. Still at $60 shipped is a really killer price considering what the competition is offering!

AJ is your site down. I can't find the DNS.

Awesome, i will be ordering some Dring mounts here pretty soon. By chance, where could i mount these on the stock front bumper? idk if you know, i was just wondering. thanks!

AJ is your site down. I can't find the DNS.

Probably during an upload, I'm trying to keep it as up to date as I can doing it myself.

Awesome, i will be ordering some Dring mounts here pretty soon. By chance, where could i mount these on the stock front bumper? idk if you know, i was just wondering. thanks!

Nowhere, the stock bumper mounts aren't beefy enough to use for extraction. You could probably get a set of the bumper mounts I sell and make it work but then you're halfway to building a new bumper...

that really sucks. i cant afford a new bumper though because im 17 lol. what do you think would be the cheapest/best way to get some sort of recovery point for the front end?

if you bought his mounts, D-ring mounts, some D-rings, and some 2x4 3/16" tube then you could build a "backbone" to your factory bumpers. you'd just have to know someone with a nice welder.

that would put you around $120 bucks spent, and far superior tow hook mounts to factory tow hooks, as well as give you reinforcement over the steering box area AND you'd be able to build off of it later.

that really sucks. i cant afford a new bumper though because im 17 lol. what do you think would be the cheapest/best way to get some sort of recovery point for the front end?

Hey I understand that...I think this other guy has a good idea...
if you bought his mounts, D-ring mounts, some D-rings, and some 2x4 3/16" tube then you could build a "backbone" to your factory bumpers. you'd just have to know someone with a nice welder.

that would put you around $120 bucks spent, and far superior tow hook mounts to factory tow hooks, as well as give you reinforcement over the steering box area AND you'd be able to build off of it later.

This gave me an idea. The factory mounts can be shifted outward, I do believe you could tuck that 1/4" bumper mount in behind it. I've got a stock bumper on the XJ I just picked up, let me look at it a bit closer and see what I can come up with. Do you have access or know someone with a decent welder? If what I'm thinking would work we could put together a kit for under $100 to your door.

Hey I understand that...I think this other guy has a good idea...

This gave me an idea. The factory mounts can be shifted outward, I do believe you could tuck that 1/4" bumper mount in behind it. I've got a stock bumper on the XJ I just picked up, let me look at it a bit closer and see what I can come up with. Do you have access or know someone with a decent welder? If what I'm thinking would work we could put together a kit for under $100 to your door.

Hey! I'd be interested in that, let us know!!

AJ, I just want to say thank for helping out up poorer folk! Helping out like you did above is one of those things that we all need to be better at doing. I am new here and just getting my feet wet on customizing my 98 but let me tell you i bookmarked your site and you got at least one customer just from that kind of service, keep it up and let us know when we can order that tire carrier hinge!
-jim

Hinge is technically ready to go. Like anything new we've already seen a few things we're going to change in the next run. Nothing that has any bearing on strength, just will make for a nicer end product without adding to the cost.

Hey AJ! I know a guy that would like a complete rear tanker bumper... You should give him a call! :laugh:

Thanks, Jordan.

AJ, I just want to say thank for helping out up poorer folk! Helping out like you did above is one of those things that we all need to be better at doing. I am new here and just getting my feet wet on customizing my 98 but let me tell you i bookmarked your site and you got at least one customer just from that kind of service, keep it up and let us know when we can order that tire carrier hinge!
-jim

AJ is a GREAT source for stuff for your Jeep! I am (soon to be) sporting his tire carrier hinge and I will be buying his rockrail tubing shortly.

Hey AJ, any chance you would be selling your jerry can carriers seperate from the bumpers, possibly as a fab part?

haha, cut me in 50%? or give me shipping discounts when I order in bulk lol....

j/k man I hope to see you producing something like this. I'd also set it up so you cut two slots through the bumper and the "backbone" mounts slide all the way through the bumper for D-ring mounts...that would be killer.

Back