• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ on 42 Boggers continued

Wohoo the beadlocks were here when I got home from work yesterday. I went to town prepping the wheels for welding. I bought some paint & rust removal discs for a bunch of rust repair a while back so I figured I'd try them on the wheels. They work ok on rust but these things are awesome on painted/powder coated steel. It only took a few minutes per wheel to prep them, way easier than using grinding discs. I prepped and welded up one wheel last night.

It took all day but I was able to get the rest of them welded and painted today. The paint was kind of mickey mouse. I didn't want to deal with setting up the garage for spraying again so I sprayed them in the back yard. My neighbors are pretty close so I'm waiting to see if I get any complaints about the green cloud that drifted into their yard.

I was able to mount up one of the MTRs before I called it quits for the day. I almost forgot how much these 32 bolt beadlocks suck to install. I'm really glad I decided to build another set rather than swap them back and forth as the seasons change. I'll have to mount the rest of them up later.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WVBF5QV/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

43153836732_a41a98c155_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by David Nichols, on Flickr[/IMG]

42299286265_27587a0f6e_z.jpg

43203355401_5fc153a0d1_z.jpg

43203354991_fa10e2b0d4_z.jpg

28333952567_9197b6b564_z.jpg

43203355421_b82ca7499c_z.jpg

Well when I got home from work and went out to the garage I found that the tire that I mounted was completely flat, WTF! I inspected it and found the valve was leaking as well as there was a pretty sizable leak at the beadlock bead.

I mounted up two more tires and had a leak at the same general area on the beadlock bead. I was thinking that this was a problem with the back side of the bead of the MTRs. I decided to try applying a gasket sealer to the seating surface of the bead and waiting the material to cure. I was able to get one wheel re-assembled and aired up to 18psi. Ill check it again tomorrow morinnig to see if I lost any pressure

Project Facelift Stage I, II, & III

Stage III, Beadlocks
Today was a good day for progress on the Comanche. I was able to complete the rest of the beadlocks, which I HATE installing. Here's a stupid fact that I wish I didn't know, since I had to install, remove and reinstall 3 of the beadlocks because of them leaking air. That means that I snugged, tightened or torqued the bolts a total of 512 times.

Stage I, Winch bumper
I installed the Barnes bumper clevises and added corner gussets and braces to the inside of the winch bumper.

Stage II, Nose Job
I removed the front half of the front fender flairs, lower front fenders and outer lower radiator support brackets. I had to cut out a fair amount of the front inner fender to allow for tire clearance. I was able to bend up the new front fender tubes and get them tacked in place.

My buddy Kevvin helped me out today by building and installing the passengers side door braces. He was also able to make the rear fender flair slider braces for me which I'll try to get installed before next weekend.

43216670192_97ef7dd9a6_z.jpg

28396755817_a14f9d1a64_z.jpg

28396755667_75091cb91c_z.jpg

43216670042_62ac95743e_z.jpg

43265863061_7f7e238fb2_z.jpg

41456352170_09d2a60c3a_z.jpg

43216670272_96ee0a66aa_z.jpg

42547547634_2af2a30487_z.jpg

Nice I was reading this on pirate and have been following this thread since the previous owners build

Back