• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Current state....ughhhh.

n5phj8.jpg

Got the springs mostly in today. Ended up putting a square out of the body to remove the spinning nut for main eye bolt, then welded a 9/16 nut to a piece of 1/8 and welded back in, all good! Waiting on some new shackle bushings now since they were totally seized then I can see where it sits. I pulled the second shortest leaf out of these re springs but it looks like it's gonna sit way high. So hopefully I can just mess with the shackle placement to get it back down. And then hopefully the pinion angle isn't totally out of whack because I have no desire to reweld the perches or put in shims. But ...you know how it goes...

And hopefully I got fuel pump sock on for good this time. Its fallen off twice now and makes the it stall or bog on corners with like 1/2 tank. So now it's got a nice big hose clamp on it.

Last edited:
The truss I have is welded into the pumpkin and then the axle tubes I will most likely the the diff cover into the truss as well ...lol...the simple ori install turned into a complete rebuild of the front ...hopefully I don't have your issue .

The truss I have is welded into the pumpkin and then the axle tubes I will most likely the the diff cover into the truss as well ...lol...the simple ori install turned into a complete rebuild of the front ...hopefully I don't have your issue .

You should be fine. If I had the tubes welded to the pumpkin and the plug welds all welded in, in likelihood this wouldn't have happened.

But, while it's out, might as well truss it to be 100% there.

Was planning on building my own, but I keep eyeing the Artec Truss since I can get it for $180 shipped, and it will drop right on.

I'll price out some 1018 Cold Steel, but it seems like by the time I buy the steel, the price difference will make it worth just buying.

I like the TMR Truss more, but it's $70ish more.

Built myself a little hitch skid this morning. Last trip to Moab consisted of dragging the ass of the truck everywhere. So hopefully this should help. Tried keeping it tight as possible and using the hitch to support the bottom side. See how it does this weekend.

5c98b930505a4710843d92fbaef1fed0.jpg
fe89ef4f3d841784605d0cb67d5243ae.jpg
a1a817733b067702501a0d5100e2c944.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did some work on Nikki's 96' last fall.

She needed brakes, and I hate brake drums. Planned on doing a KJ disc swap on the 8.25, but I found an 8.25 in town that had a Terflex Disc brake kit on it and a SOLID Mfg. cover for $200. Sold her old 8.25 for like $40 (27 spline), so didn't do too bad. I

In addition:
- New Brake pads and rotors all around
- ZJ Prop Valve
- New Crown Rear Leaves
- New Front Coils (~1.5" of lift)
- New shocks all around
- New stainless braided brake lines and caliper soft lines
- New hard line in the rear
- New U-bolts
- All New Hardware in general :laugh:

I will say it brakes quite a bit better now. It was already on some 225/75R16's, and with the small lift I think it looks damn near perfect.

41728099455_df68aaa1a4_c.jpg

41728099625_d7dbde4d29_c.jpg

41910429904_c3bf37b001_c.jpg

Taken a few days ago:

41728099995_7c5c9b0244_c.jpg

Been cranking back on the up and coming Sleeper DD XJ.

Mainly just getting it back to road worthy...then I'll get some axles built.

Currently:

- New Crown Braided SS lines Installed
- JKS Shock Stem Adapters and Bilstein 5150's installed
- Interior is *nearly done
- Working on getting my Boostwerks Hidden Winch Mount in
- Working on getting stereo, amp, and speakers all in before wrapping up the interior
- Derale Cooler and lots of AN fittings for Trans Cooler install

Looking to have it back on all fours and fully under it's own power (e.g. brakes) by the end of this coming weekend.

Then, unfortunately I'll need to figure out the source of my exhaust leak that sounds like its the exhaust manifold.

Once that's all kosher, slap the rest of the body on (fender, header panel, etc.) and it's in reality good to go for now :D

Really really really really jones'n to wheel the buggy. But, this has most of the parts sitting around, and I still don't have the truck transmission back anyhow yet (coming up on three ****ing months now...)

Look nice, man. I have a set in the garage for the taco I haven’t found time to bolt up...

Painted this a few weekends ago, blew the transfer case on the way back from New Mexico and now it's getting a beefier tie rod and alignment tomorrow
64u3gnpgae111.png

Steel yard was closed so no further love for the taco sliders, did some more work on the trailer build and loaded up the taco to see how the extra room would pan out. I’m digging it so far.

fd2efff03435689927040a8ba2288927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back